Uno's Mccalebb To Enter Nba Draft

NT03

NEW ORLEANS -- New Orleans junior Bo McCalebb has declared for the NBA draft but will not hire an agent, the school announced on Friday.

McCalebb, the Sun Belt Conference Player of the Year and an honorable mention AP All-America pick, ranked sixth in the nation in scoring with 25 points per game.

The New Orleans native is also the Privateers' leading scorer and now ranks fifth in the Sun Belt with 1,937 career points. He helped guide the Privateers to a 14-17 record (9-9 in the SBC) and was the only player in the Sun Belt to rank in the top 10 in scoring, rebounding (6.8) and assists (3.3). He also led the league with two steals per game.

"We are very supportive of Bo's decision," coach Buzz Williams said in a statement. "I don't know of any Division I basketball player who doesn't dream of playing at the highest level. He will get a chance to see where he stands among the best in the game."

By not hiring an agent, McCalebb can withdraw from the draft and return to his collegiate career. The deadline for players to do so is June 18.

The draft is scheduled for June 28.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

He'll be back...hes not a pure point and doesn't have the jumper (unless its with 1.2 seconds and the game is in denton) or the height to be a 2. He'll eventually round out someones NBA roster but not worth bolting year early to go play with the Idaho NBDL team.

That having been said...I hope he goes in the lottery :D