Is That Blood Or...?

Quoner

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...mail/components

During the tournament's opening days, some college teams arrived at the same first-round sites to drastically different circumstances. In Sacramento, the top-seeded team checked into a Sheraton while the lowest seed pulled up to a Holiday Inn. In Winston-Salem, N.C., Georgetown slept comfortably at the Marriott. Its first-round opponent, Belmont, stayed at a small, historic hotel with old, 19-inch televisions. "That will keep our mind on the games," said Belmont guard Andrew House, who added that the hotel felt more like a log cabin or a bed and breakfast.

In Columbus, Southern Illinois and most other teams settled into towering downtown hotels within comfortable walking distance of Nationwide Arena. Meanwhile, 12th-seeded Long Beach State pulled up at a Marriott located 25 minutes away in Dublin. A few players asked coaches if the team had gotten lost.

"Is Duke going to get a better hotel than Iona during the NCAA tournament? Yeah, probably," said Iona Coach Jeff Ruland, who has taken his team to three NCAA tournaments. "All you can ask for is an even playing field. And the truth is, sometimes you don't get it."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...mail/components

During the tournament's opening days, some college teams arrived at the same first-round sites to drastically different circumstances. In Sacramento, the top-seeded team checked into a Sheraton while the lowest seed pulled up to a Holiday Inn. In Winston-Salem, N.C., Georgetown slept comfortably at the Marriott. Its first-round opponent, Belmont, stayed at a small, historic hotel with old, 19-inch televisions. "That will keep our mind on the games," said Belmont guard Andrew House, who added that the hotel felt more like a log cabin or a bed and breakfast.

In Columbus, Southern Illinois and most other teams settled into towering downtown hotels within comfortable walking distance of Nationwide Arena. Meanwhile, 12th-seeded Long Beach State pulled up at a Marriott located 25 minutes away in Dublin. A few players asked coaches if the team had gotten lost.

"Is Duke going to get a better hotel than Iona during the NCAA tournament? Yeah, probably," said Iona Coach Jeff Ruland, who has taken his team to three NCAA tournaments. "All you can ask for is an even playing field. And the truth is, sometimes you don't get it."

Hmm, if No. 15 UNT stayed at that Astor Crowne Plaza hotel on Canal, I wonder where No. 16 Jackson State stayed. There's a Holiday Inn going back up one of those streets into the quarter. Bet it was that place.

Why is this the first thing that came to mind when I saw the title?

"Give it to me Lance, Give it to me Lance, Give it to me Lance, Push!"

Because that is exactly what I was thinking when I wrote it... well done, sir.

I know it would require the hotels to block off a larger number of rooms than they might ordinarily want to (I would think they would WANT the business), but God forbid two or more teams should stay in (gasp!) the same hotel???

It's not like they don't know how many teams are going to be at that location. All tournament sites through 2010 have already been determined, for goodness sake...

Edited by Greenblood94