Already A Prospect For 08

NT03

Change in Plans for Fulce

January 25, 2007

Don't blame Joseph Fulce if he is feeling a little strange right now. After all, it seems that the slashing 6-foot-7, 180-pound swingman originally from Plano thought he has known forever where he'd be playing his college ball, even if it meant going for an extra year of prep school. But change can happen sometimes, and that's what Fulce is facing - and it's something the young man now at Massanuetten Military Academy in Virginia is ready to take on.

"Right now, I'm re-opening my recruitment," Fulce said. "I'm looking at everything again and everything is going pretty good, so I want to look at my options. Ever since I moved out to the East Coast I've gotten a different perspective of the game and there's a lot of things that are hard to explain. But I just felt that I needed to look at my options again."

Fulce - who was one of the first members from the state's Class of 2006 to make a commitment when he made a pledge to Texas A&M at the end of his junior season at Plano - added that opening up his recruitment has nothing to do with his relationship with the Aggies program. "I have nothing against A&M, and I've talked to Coach G (Billy Gillespie) and let him know that," Fulce said. "It's all good - I just felt that I needed to re-open things."

The news of Fulce's availability is less than a week old and already schools have been in contact. "So far, I've heard from Illinois, Texas Tech, Maryland, George Mason, UNC-Wilmington, and Cincinnati," Fulce said. "Illinois for sure has offered and there are other schools I want to talk to and make it all legit. I'll probably know more within the next two-three weeks. It's only been a few days and a lot of schools are calling, so there are a lot of things for me to find out about."

For Fulce, it's an interesting period since it's been a awhile since he was getting chased by schools. "It's been a long time," Fulce said. "This time, I'm going to look at a place that still fits my style of play - a quick tempo, a really quick team that likes to run. And defensively, somewhere that's good as well. I'm looking at a lot of stuff - and this time I'll have a better perspective."

Fulce isn't opposed to going away from home for college, but wouldn't mind staying in the Lone Star State either. "I wouldn't mind being close to home, as there are a lot of good schools there," Fulce said. "But I wouldn't mind going away from home either."

The beginning of the spring signing period is a couple of months away, so Fulce doesn't want to waste any time with his brand new recruiting situation. "I'll probably take a visit pretty soon - probably in the next three weeks," Fulce said. "I'm not sure with who yet, but I've only got about 60 days before I have to decide at the end of March and the beginning of April. So I've got a lot of work to do - and I still have to deal with school, the military stuff, and all that. I'm hoping to do what I can."

Texas Hoops Analysis: JOSEPH is a fluid athlete who glides to the hole and finishes with very good body control in the lane. He has a nice stroke from 16 feet and can hit the 3 point shot. He runs the floor well, is active without the ball, has good hands, is a nice rebounder and has a long and lean basketball build.

Is he a prep/JUCO transfer? Looks like he graduated in '06 from high school... big body though and coming from Plano he had good coaching.

Im really not sure how that works ( prep school ) . I don't know if this is his actual senior year of HS or it's like a JC. Rivals.com has him as a 3 star recruit , but NT is not in his top 5. If he wants to come back close to home then I guess we will have that advantage.

If anyone out their knows how the prep school things works as its related to years of eligibility , please feel free to chip in.

Edited by NT03

god i used to play with him summer league basketball in 6th, 7th and 8th grade. played for the state champion plano wildcats coached by tom inman, and is an excellent player. NT would be advised to pick this kid up. I think he could be better than KD or someone like that

Im really not sure how that works ( prep school ) . I don't know if this is his actual senior year of HS or it's like a JC. Rivals.com has him as a 3 star recruit , but NT is not in his top 5. If he wants to come back close to home then I guess we will have that advantage.

If anyone out their knows how the prep school things works as its related to years of eligibility , please feel free to chip in.