North Texas Hats

MeanGreengdub

Go check em' out, pretty nice selection...

http://www.lids.com/did/335

Apparently not one kelly green cap among that collection of Lids UNT caps?:(

Chancellor Jackson to His Crack UNT Branding Committee: "Hey troops, might we should have sent out an official school memo announcing kelly green as UNT's official new color to businesses such as Lids, the Sports Authority, independent sporting goods stores and others similar? Heck, I really thought just sending this announcement out to Voertmans would "git-er done" for us, O Ye Creative Geniuses Who I Personally Hand Picked For This Most Expen$ive Project. B) After all, where do most of our alums live after graduation? Oh wait a minute, let me check that pertinent info out and I'll get back with you next month on it." :blink:

How long will it be till Lids and others similar (outside Denton) find out that we are now "officially" kelly (mean) green? :( Wait a minute, I think I know the answer: About the time we make another color change? Are we as NT Exes responsible for telling them this kind of info all the time, too (which many of you have done for years to those who never knew about new changes made at UNT)?:) Much Texas tax-payer monies gets wasted at some state institutions and this UNT branding committee with their "very expensive non-results" thus far may be a prime example?

And which one of that UNT Branding Committee produced that erroneously sent email to FFR saying they didn't have to answer to any NT Exes? Well, just who do they have to answer to when they obviously haven't got the job done outside of Voertmans on our new color scheme? If we follow some of this group in Denton like a flock of direction-less sheep and don't ever say speak up with our concerns, folks, we might not even today have a scenario where NT Exes and MG fans are (once again) exicted about football recruiting and a bright future for MG football. It is my understanding that there are still (amazingly) a silent minority who are still upset with the hiring of Todd Dodge to take their boy DD's job. Isn't that just freakin' amazing?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

---There are some nice BLACK ones...... LOL

---Note the symbol at the top of page: -- The old star one, not the newer Eagle one. (as shown on most hats.. The color shown is so bad on my computer that it is possible that some of thosse are the newer color.

Apparently not one kelly green cap among that collection of Lids UNT caps?:(

Chancellor Jackson to His Crack UNT Branding Committee: "Hey troops, might we should have sent out an official school memo announcing kelly green as UNT's official new color to businesses such as Lids, the Sports Authority, independent sporting goods stores and others similar? Heck, I really thought just sending this announcement out to Voertmans would "git-er done" for us, O Ye Creative Geniuses Who I Personally Hand Picked For This Most Expen$ive Project. B) After all, where do most of our alums live after graduation? Oh wait a minute, let me check that pertinent info out and I'll get back with you next month on it." :blink:

How long will it be till Lids and others similar (outside Denton) find out that we are now "officially" kelly (mean) green? :( Wait a minute, I think I know the answer: About the time we make another color change? Are we as NT Exes responsible for telling them this kind of info all the time, too (which many of you have done for years to those who never knew about new changes made at UNT)?:) Much Texas tax-payer monies gets wasted at some state institutions and this UNT branding committee with their "very expensive non-results" thus far may be a prime example?

And which one of that UNT Branding Committee produced that erroneously sent email to FFR saying they didn't have to answer to any NT Exes? Well, just who do they have to answer to when they obviously haven't got the job done outside of Voertmans on our new color scheme? If we follow some of this group in Denton like a flock of direction-less sheep and don't ever say speak up with our concerns, folks, we might not even today have a scenario where NT Exes and MG fans are (once again) exicted about football recruiting and a bright future for MG football. It is my understanding that there are still (amazingly) a silent minority who are still upset with the hiring of Todd Dodge to take their boy DD's job. Isn't that just freakin' amazing?

I don't like the idea of a kelly green hat. That's just my personal preference; however, as the official branding color it should be available for others who do like it.

I prefer darker colored lids.

White hats look ugly after a while. Why should a supplier, such as Lids, limit themselves to two colors (Green and White) when black is a color that works well with any color combination and makes colors stand out (much more so than white).

Until our image has been re-established, I advocate that the main thing that we buy and wear is green. I agree with MGD. Buy the gear that is the closest to Kelly green and then wear it as much as possible.

I hate those black-on-black, or white-on-white hats.

Agreed. I think it's physically impossible to wear too much North Texas gear. I still wear some old North Texas shirts from when I came to school in 2002.

Give me a minute while I dodge the bullets.