Mean Green Color

ShopMeanGreen

Just wanted to add a little insight to the color "Kelly Green" I was very disappointed in the lack of UNT spirit wear available so I started doing a little Mean Green embroidery. This is a part time thing but is fun to do. Over the past 2 years there has been a huge improvement/addition of available spirit wear. Most of what the bookstores are able to get comes from one of the large suppliers and therefore "Kelly" means whatever they want it to mean. The athletic department contractee as well as some suppliers for the other two do their own work but are still limited to the products produced by the major mills (Hanes, Gildan Jerzees etc). Tee shirts are pretty easy to find in true kelly but everything else is still tough to get in kelly that looks good with the logo. The large suppliers have no intrest in UNT unless it brings in big $$ so they are not going to spend any time looking for Mean Green. I have been looking hard for anything Mean Green that I can put a North Texas logo on. I am introducing a wholesale line as close to 1-1-07 as possible. I have had some good luck finding more Mean Green the past few months. The are some larger and smaller suppliers introducing Mean Green for 2007. It just takes time to find it. Please have a little patients and I hope it will appear rapidly. The beginings can be seen at ShopMeanGreen.com BTW the color is MEAN GREEN as far as I am concerned, you can call it Kelly if you like but everything coming from ShopMeanGreen will be either Mean Green or a few peices of Hunter Green. Wear whatever color of green you want just put it on and tell everyone "I AM NORTH TEXAS". GMG, Todd

Be sure you are licensed by North Texas or you will be dismayed when they finally show up at your door asking you to cease and desist.

Good point. Heard about Red Raider Outfitters! North Texas like most other universities uses Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC) to keep track of logoed merchandise. They are fun to deal with. Everything I have done has been by the letter of the law which takes as much time as production. I wonder if Marshall, Michigan State, Miami Ohio, and I'm sure others have as much trouble with green?