Opponents Records

NDT

So what is your point? NT has been cannon fodder for other winning programs in the past and little was ever differentiated with respect to our record back then. At the end of the season our victims will just be part of the mosaic of our season....hopefully a winning season.

Currently the D1 teams we have played have a combined record of 17-18 against other D1 teams.  Only Nebraska (3-1) and Tulsa (5-1) have winning records against other D1 programs.  Don't get caught up in these rankings and win/loss records just yet.

Your stats are completely misleading and irrelevent. Let's actually look at the numbers. If you factor in that Tulsa and Nebraska are a combined 8-2 then it does look like we have picked on the weaker teams to get our wins since their combined records would be 9-16. But that's a bastardization of the numbers. We DID beat a 5-1 Tulsa team. All you've proven is that we are 1-1 against the stronger teams on our schedule thus far and 5-1 against the weaker ones. And one of those "weaker" teams is a 5-4 UTA team. Perhaps all you've proven is that we are doing about what we should be doing at this point in the season. Most, if not all, people judge a successful team as one that is competitive with their peers and those ranked more highly (see Tulsa and then Nebraska) and who rarely lose to those ranked below them (see the rest of the schedule).

I may be down on this team come conference just like the rest of you guys. But, for now, let's not search desperately for a reason why they're underachieving. No matter how much we would like for it to be so.

UTA is 2-4. There is no question that we have good athletes, however, when I watch the games I see an undisciplined team with more turnovers than a pastry shop. After years of mediocrity we should expect something more than a fast start against average teams and a loss in the first round of the conference tournament. JJ should take this team to the NCAA tournament or at least make the NIT and go to New York. I am not saying he cannot do it, but it will take a more disciplined team than I have witnessed at the Super Pit. A ranking by some Mid Major poll does not change things. History in this case is on the side of the sceptic.

Our team has a good record at this point...and some wins over some nice teams (Charlotte, Tulsa---which beat ORU who had beaten Kansas; and Rice).

But like NDT......I'll be cautiously optimistic. We have a very weak schedule. Other than WKU....we don't play another good team in December. Nicholls, Jarvis Christian and Bellhaven......are all patsies. Denver and New Orleans are lousy this year....so WKU is our only good team on the schedule for a while. So, we should continue to rack up some wins, and have a nice record.

Remember this.....Tina was 12-2 at one point last year. Hey our men, were 12-6 at one point last year, as well.

So, I can definitely see where NDT is coming from, and agree with a lot of what he has to say on this. And would add that.....a pretty record isn't gonna mean #### if we don't see postseason action of some kind (NIT or NCAA). And postseason action, SHOULD BE EXPECTED in a coach's 6th year (if he hadn't already been there, before).

Edited by SUMG

Guest GrayEagleOne

That may be why you won't see Davis redshirt. This could be a make or break year for JJ and a 90% Kenneth Davis may be better than playing without him. If he doesn't make some inroads this year then who's available next year would be a moot point for Coach Jones.