UNT President -- NYC

UNTStill

President Bataille will be attending an "inaugural tour" reception in New York City on December 13, and I've already reserved a spot to attend. I've communicated with her before because we have one of those "degrees of separation" deals -- before she accepted the UNT presidency she was on President's Board of Advisors here at UAlbany, where I teach, and she was a good friend with our late dynamic president, Kermit Hall (who made D-1 athletics one of his top priorities) who drowned in August. She was very responsive to me in that context.

Anyway: I may get only a handshake and brief minute or two with her, and if I can work it in -- what ONE question would you like to ask her, if you could? I say ahead of time that I will not be negative in anything I say to her.

UNTStill

President Bataille will be attending an "inaugural tour" reception in New York City on December 13, and I've already reserved a spot to attend.  I've communicated with her before because we have one of those "degrees of separation" deals -- before she accepted the UNT presidency she was on President's Board of Advisors here at UAlbany, where I teach, and she was a good friend with our late dynamic president, Kermit Hall (who made D-1 athletics one of his top priorities) who drowned in August.  She was very responsive to me in that context.

Anyway: I may get only a handshake and brief minute or two with her, and if I can work it in -- what ONE question would you like to ask her, if you could?  I say ahead of time that I will not be negative in anything I say to her.

UNTStill

Ask her if she drives a Dodge ? If not, tell her there is a dealership in Southlake laugh.gif

Be sure to tell her that all the Alumni are big fans of her and to keep up the good work!

Edited by NT03

Ask her if she drives  a Dodge ? If not, tell her there is a dealership in Southlake laugh.gif

Be sure to tell her that all the Alumni are big fans of her and to keep up the good work!

HAHA! That's great biggrin.gif You should def. ask her that!

Ask her what she thought about the University of Washington's enrollment and alumni donor level increasing after the Huskie's played in the Rose Bowl while she was there. 

Rick

And ask her too what she thought of TCU's application for admission increasing greatly after they started winning football games about 7 or so years back.

Ask her what she thought about the University of Washington's enrollment and alumni donor level increasing after the Huskie's played in the Rose Bowl while she was there. 

Rick

i thought she worked at Washington State not UW. and with there enrollement they make alot of money or out of state people bc they only have a 67% in state popoulaiton. which im from that area and msot of my friends are going there and say that there enrollement is too big. another contribution to the high level of enrollement for UW is the lack of universities in the state. BUT to what this post was about, i think that having the President taking these trips are great for the UNiversity and hoepfully will bring more donors to the school in all areas not just athletics

Ask her about what she thinks about an 8'th name change and that to:

NORTH TEXAS UNIVERSITY! NTU! Hey, it has that "NYU" sound, ie, NY state of mind and chic', whadda' you think, darlin' (with a very, very heavy native Texan accent? blink.gif (Uh, just kidding, of course) sad.gifsmile.gif

Seriously:

Dr. Bataille, it is quite an honor to meet you and I (as an NT Ex) just want to extend my personal welcome to you to the University of North Texas, yet I do have a question for you if you have a minute.......... rolleyes.gif

OK, good................. Dr. Bataille, the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board projects that UNT will increase in enrollment and become the 3'rd largest university in Texas (trailing only UT-Austin and TAMU)..........

.......so looking at how those 2 schools respective athletic program's successes have annually enhanced their across-the-board on-campus fundraising and even moreso, how it has created more of a national awareness of both of those school's academic quality............anyway, as we project to the future when we will only be behind UT and TAMU in enrollment (and behind them in our alumnus numbers, too), how do you feel UNT can soon start improving and enhancing our own athletic program as the projected 3'rd largest university in Texas? (I know, it's been more than a minute). sad.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

This is very good information to know about THECB projections. A good point for reference to a question about athletics. Thanks!

And I know jest about the accent, but actually . . . earlier this year my program received a major grant from an Oklahoma foundation, and as soon as the conference call began (a routine in the last stages of the application process) and I heard the accent of the staff member we were dealing with, I went into my Texas accent, not completely because it would have shocked the Yankees in the room with me, but close enough for her to get it, and we had a nice conversation -- if fact, she and I did most of the talking. One of the Yankees is convinced we got the grant because at one point I said, "Shoot, I know just what you're saying." I don't think I've ever heard anyone up here begin a sentence with, "Shoot, . . . "