Athlete Donations ....NT Progress

OldTimer

There has been a surge of donations recently which I will try and recap :

$1.5 million Goldfield towards our new stadium

$1 million Mattress Mac "Practice Fields"

$1 million Waranch for new Tennis complex

$ 300,000 of the $578,000 for the new softball complex

$ 175,000 for the student athletic Center in the Mean Green Facility

Can anyone add to this list. I know it doesn't compare to the BIG" schools but I don't remember seeing this kind of donations in this time frame for athletics before at NT.

Edited by OldTimer

There has been a surge of donations recently which I will try and recap :

$1.5 million  Goldfield towards our  new stadium

$1    million  Mattress Mac "Practice Fields"

$1    million  Waranch for new Tennis complex

$  300,000 of the $578,000 for the new softball complex

$  175,000 for the student athletic Center in the Mean Green Facility

Can anyone add to this list.  I know it doesn't compare to the BIG" schools but I don't remember seeing this kind of donations in this time frame for athletics  before at NT.

Yeah, but remember we had to give back 540,000 dollars of the 1,000,000 donation from Mattress Mac.

I thought the name of the practice field was being changed. I never heard of money being returned. What's the scoop ?

It is a shame how this is playing out. If this guy has UNT's best interest at heart he would have voiced his concern and let the University keep the money. That does not mean that he has to continue giving. And he shouldnt insist that the field be named after DD.

AND if UNT were a little further down the road with facilities they would have been able to tell him to take his Money back that the University is much bigger then one person. Which is probably what they should have done anyway.

NT kept the donation, the tongue in cheek joke is that we had to use half of the donation to pay off DD's contract.

It is a shame how this is playing out.  If this guy has UNT's best interest at heart he would have voiced his concern and let the University keep the money.  That does not mean that he has to continue giving.  And he shouldnt insist that the field be named after DD.

AND if UNT were a little further down the road with facilities they would have been able to tell him to take his Money back that the University is much bigger then one person.  Which is probably what they should have done anyway.

After DD's antics with the black jerseys I would try to negate or renegotiate the buyout based on stipulations that were listed in his contract that was posted recently.

I understand that the players really wanted to wear all black. But when they saw the quality of the jersey they were very disappointed. Embarrassed may be a better description.

I understand that the players really wanted to wear all black.  But when they saw the quality of the jersey they were very disappointed.  Embarrassed may be a better description.

i think this is right that the players wanted to wear a black jersey if they had talked about it at the start of the season, but they probably assumed that they would have been like the green and white ones, instead they got the crap plain black that has pissed everyone off

i think this is right that the players wanted to wear a black jersey if they had talked about it at the start of the season, but they probably assumed that they would have been like the green and white ones, instead they got the crap plain black that has pissed everyone off

What I don't get about the whole thing is why they didn't just come out and say "To honor the seniors today, the players have chosen to wear all-black jerseys to commemorate the seniors' contributions to North Texas football."

What I don't get about the whole thing is why they didn't just come out and say "To honor the seniors today, the players have chosen to wear all-black jerseys to commemorate the seniors' contributions to North Texas football."

But then if they did that, the Juniors who will be Seniors next year will want to wear LIGHT GREEN (from the 70's), and the Sophomores GRAY (just because) and the Freshman NAVY BLUE & GOLD (from the 90s)... where will it end? I would have prefered they not take "requests" to wear differnt color jerseys and stick with the basic KELLY GREEN or WHITE.

But then if they did that, the Juniors who will be Seniors next year will want to wear LIGHT GREEN (from the 70's), and the Sophomores GRAY (just because) and the Freshman NAVY BLUE & GOLD (from the 90s)... where will it end?  I would have prefered they not take "requests" to wear differnt color jerseys and stick with the basic KELLY GREEN or WHITE.

I agree. The School colors are what they are and should be worn with pride. And the players (as I undersatnd it) wanted the black incorporated with the school colors. But the ex coach wanted to show his ... um.. you know.

I agree.  The School colors are what they are and should be worn with pride.  And the players (as I undersatnd it) wanted the black incorporated with the school colors.  But the ex coach wanted to show his ... um.. you know.

It's been two years and the new school colors still have not been worn

I understand that the players really wanted to wear all black.  But when they saw the quality of the jersey they were very disappointed.  Embarrassed may be a better description.

DD admitted to buying these couple with the fact that the team warmed up in green and changed just before kickoff leads me to believe that RV had no knowledge of this. The shirts looked like crap.

In response to your post above, what if they wanted to were blue or red or orange or some other color? Green and white are our colors and black should be used as an accent color only.