WW guarantees a bowl bid for MTSUq

stebo

from the DNJ, a late bulletin:

Sun Belt commissioner guarantees MTSU bowl bid

Sun Belt Conference commissioner Wright Waters guaranteed that “MTSU will definitely be in a bowl game.”

Waters made the remark and then repeated it during a phone interview on “All Sports Talk” on WGNS 1450-AM.

MTSU (7-5) is in discussions with the Motor City Bowl (Dec. 26), where it is projected to face Central Michigan by ESPN.com, USA Today, College Football News and CBS Sportsline.

Central Michigan accepted the Motor City Bowl bid Tuesday morning.

A bid for the Blue Raiders could come from the Motor City Bowl as soon as Wednesday.

MTSU athletic director Chris Massaro said he still “cautiously optimistic” about the Blue Raiders’ bowl chances.

“I’m a little more conservative, but I am optimistic for Middle Tennessee,” Massaro said. “I think this team deserves it.”

For further details and reaction, check out dnj.com and Wednesday’s edition of The Daily News Journal.

Sun Belt commissioner guarantees MTSU bowl bid

Shouldn't we have 3 bowl teams?

Doesn't Louisiana-Lafayette get a bowl invitation if they beat Monroe on Saturday?

Won't ULL be 7-5 and by NCAA rules have to be selected before any bowl can select a 6-6 team that wasn't a conference champion?

What's the math? How many teams have better than 6-6 records and how many bowl slots are available?

I would almost rather go to the Motor City Bowl as opposed to the NO Bowl, as it has better name recognition.

You’d rather go to Detroit in December than New Orleans? unsure.gif

Actually you’d rather go to Detroit at ANY TIME rather than New Orleans? The idea of a bowl is a reward for a good season - not a punishment!

Edited by VideoEagle

You’d rather go to Detroit in December than New Orleans?  unsure.gif

Actually you’d rather go to Detroit at ANY TIME rather than New Orleans? The idea of a bowl is a reward for a good season - not a punishment!

I didn't say I would rather go to a particular CITY over another one, I just said from the way people look at the BOWLS, the Motor City Bowl is a more recognized bowl than the NO Bowl.