Does Dickey Get Last Laugh?

Eagle Man

We don't need a Phil Bennett or Guy Morriss type coach. We don't have 5 to 6 years to rebuild what didn't work in the first place nor do we have the time to build something new from scratch.

We already spent 13 years of our most valuable commodity...time, only to be ranked #117 or so in D1A. We never made it over the first hill.

We need someone who can put the product on the field today, right now.

Don't bring someone in here that has absolutely no name recognition in the DFW area and with Texas high schools.

As someone already said, you might as well have kept Dickey.

Dickey may very well get the last laugh. I hope not! ohmy.gif

We don't need a Phil Bennett or Guy Morriss type coach. We don't have 5 to 6 years to rebuild what didn't work in the first place nor do we have the time to build something new from scratch.

We already spent 13 years of our most valuable commodity...time, only to be ranked #117 or so in D1A. We never made it over the first hill.

We need someone who can put the product on the field today, right now.

Don't bring someone in here that has absolutely no name recognition in the DFW area and with Texas high schools.

As someone already said, you might as well have kept Dickey.

Dickey may very well get the last laugh. I hope not!  ohmy.gif

It generally takes a new coach 3 to 5 years to build a team to his liking. Sometimes they get lucky on it only takes 2.

We can hope to be lucky, but don’t plan on it.

See also NMSU, Idaho and a host of others. Sometimes you get lucky, mostly don’t. Someone other than me always seems to win the Lotto!

luck can happen as you show. NMSU completely changed systems as did Syracuse and Nebraska. Idaho sucked before Erickson and they probably will do little still. DD would love it up there since it would be the hardest job in the country wink.gif

Realistically, I don't see any coach coming in and having instant success. What I do realistically expect to see is someone with a passion to turn things around, and that passion is being reflected in how his team plays every week.

I don't care if a coach loves my school or not. I want a coach that is hungry to make a name for himself, loves the opportunity, and is looking to move up to the next level. You can't do that at North Texas unless you're both talented as an X's and O's guy, and you're very personable.