Fire Dunham as well!

Eagle Man

George is a fine radio voice for NT, but he did go overboard on his homerism of Dickey this morning. Note to George: review total DD coaching record and replay audio of last 20 games.

I've seen no proof that Dickey was "forced" to stay on and coach the last 3 games. Most coaches "want to" for the players. Why would any AD force a mad coach on the field to represent the school?

Bill Mercer has recorded the "Great moments in North Texas sports history" segments recently for the Athletic Department. I liked Bill too as announcer, but I did hear some of his ouster may have been caused by some of his actions? dry.gif

Edited by NT80

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I think George has been influenced by another NT staffer as to who he should be friendly to or who he should not be friendly to among our peers, I would never go out on a limb and say "Jub-Jub" should be fired as our MG play by play guy. Matter of fact, I think he does a damn good job doing our play by play. Just my .02....

As NT80 posted, I think the great Bill Mercer did a thing or 2 that cost him his job when Al Hurley had him terminated. I can never think George Dunham went behind anyone's back to have any part of having Bill canned. Most of the controversy had to do with upstart KTCK 1310 The Ticket when Bill Mercer was telling some not to buy advertisement with that station when he heard it would carry MG football in its inaugural year and he might not be part of its future. Water under the bridge with that one, folks.

And on Charlie Waters, I think he'd be a helluva' good HFC at some college rolleyes.gif over his color broadcasting of Dallas Cowboy football. I know some others who feel the same about Charlie. SMU thought long and hard about him a few years ago and many of the Mustang elect wanted him very badly to be their HFC.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Hey guys,

I have been a lurker recently during this entire period, but this thread really strikes me as odd.

Granted, I didn't hear what George said on his show, but regardless, anyone questioning his loyalty to NT is crazy. Who cares if his opinion is that Dickey got a raw deal. It doesn't mean he loves NT any less. That's just crazy talk.

And I'll tell you, as a guy who also gets paid to give opinions, it's nice to have that outlet. Sometimes you get so fired up that getting to talk about it on the air is helpful, i.e. Parcells going for 2 in the 2nd qtr!!!

George is as loyal an NT fan as any of us on this board.