SBC Soccer Awards Announced

nortx9

Juett and Hutyra made first team All SBC, Hurst and Ellis made second team. Juett was edged out for Freshman of the year by MTSU's Zapapas. Juett was only freshman to make the first team, Zapapas made 2nd team.........go figure that one! Congrats to the team, the players and the coaches for another excellent season. Hope we can win the tourney this weekend!! I'm there!

Guest GrayEagleOne

Juett and Hutyra made first team All SBC, Hurst and Ellis made second team.  Juett was edged out for Freshman of the year by MTSU's Zapapas.    Juett was only freshman to make the first team, Zapapas made 2nd team.........go figure that one!   Congrats to the team, the players and the coaches for another excellent season.  Hope we can win the tourney this weekend!! I'm there!

Since Juett and Zapapas are both midfielders, I can't.

Just another UNT snub ....my take is....... that statistically they were in a dead heat (and they were on many statistical levels), SBC did not want to set a precedence for Co-Award winners on FOY, and a coin was probably flipped, and one got to go to first team and one got FOY, everybody wins right?. Any other explanation can simply not be supported ......for either player. Not real sure how this works, but I believe coaches send in votes independently. After that, SBC panel decides ties I guess....I'm sure UNT will always get the political advantage on any tie.... dry.gif

BTW- Juett had two goals in the SBC tourney opener, Zapapas had one and had game winner. Both remain very close in their performances. Both should probably have been on First Team.

Neither can the Ragin Cajun website, who found the confusion worth mentioning....

The Freshman of the Year honor went to Middle Tennessee midfielder Mary Zapapas, even though she was on the all-league second team and another freshman, North Texas midfielder Kendall Juett, was picked on the first team.

Neither can the Ragin Cajun website, who found the confusion worth mentioning....

The Freshman of the Year honor went to Middle Tennessee midfielder Mary Zapapas, even though she was on the all-league second team and another freshman, North Texas midfielder Kendall Juett, was picked on the first team.

The Sun Belt Conference - where everyone's a winner!!! dry.gifdry.gifdry.gif

What a crock.... mad.gif