I only wish every business ran like this

emmitt01

Wow! I'm beginning to think a logical, critical discussion of any topic is impossible on this board. How, pray tell, do you defend the constant bastardization of a post by those who have only straw man arguments to offer.

The day that fans who have been here through thick and thin have to defend saying "enough is enough" because they can no longer stand to see their school embarass itself is the day that "fandom" is pointless. Some of you talk of how you only come to games for the "fun". Well, then the current state of the program is one that you can have and call all your own because I, and others like me, are not here to simply have fun. I live and breathe this program and take it deadly serious...which means I will be damned if I sit by and watch it sink into mediocrity while pacified by how jolly it makes me to be in a football stadium!

And as to the idea that anyone would become a Texas fan because the "product is better", can you even make this argument with a straight face and lacking a realization that you've totally missed the boat on the entire analogy? The point, for the reading comprehension impaired, is not that we would like to see a more "winning" product, it's that we would like to see a product that is not tainted by design and sold to the general public with an air of contempt. This is what makes for true fans...not the unconditional support for whatever they throw out there, but unconditional insistence on making them throw a worthy product out there.

This is what makes for true fans...not the unconditional support for whatever they throw out there, but unconditional insistence on making them throw a worthy product out there.

Did you bother to read SE66's post?? Here's the part you missed:

"He tries to change what he can and accept what he can't"

Where in that do you derive taking a passivist approach to being a fan?? See, what happened between your first post and proclaimation that you were quitting, was that a "logical, critical discussion" occurred that you missed out on. Several days have passed and you've cooled down from the meltdown that must have occurred on Saturday night. Welcome back....but try not to preach to us that you're more intelligent than the rest of us.

Edited by TIgreen01

This is what makes for true fans...not the unconditional support for whatever they throw out there, but unconditional insistence on making them throw a worthy product out there.

I think unconditional insistence of anything would qualify as a condition of support. blink.gif

I'm going to unconditionally insist on plenty of free mustard to go on the dollar hotdogs I get this Saturday.