Anyone watch the FAU/ULL game?

emmitt01

Horrible clock management by Schnelly and his team on the last drive. They ran when it was obvious a pass was the better option....wait, where have I seen that?

And a delay of game for snapping before they were ready for play?

And yet, because this is the belt, they only lose 6-0.

It's scary that we really could run the table in this conference. ohmy.gif

Horrible clock management by Schnelly and his team on the last drive.  They ran when it was obvious a pass was the better option....wait, where have I seen that?

And a delay of game for snapping before they were ready for play?

And yet, because this is the belt, they only lose 6-0. 

It's scary that we really could run the table in this conference.  ohmy.gif

Glad that was on national TV tonight for the ENTIRE country to see just how great the teams are in the Belt. Was the game as boring on TV as the score suggests that it was?

Glad that was on national TV tonight for the ENTIRE country to see just how great the teams are in the Belt.  Was the game as boring on TV as the score suggests that it was?

Who says defensive wars are necessarily boring? Hell I think the best game I saw all year was LSU/Auburn and that was 7-3.

Who says defensive wars are necessarily boring?  Hell I think the best game I saw all year was LSU/Auburn and that was 7-3.

I didn't say defensive wars were boring....I simply ask a question. And, if you are suggesting that it was a good defensive war, then that is good for the Belt because people will be talking about that game as a great game like they do that Auburn/LSU game this year.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

Who says defensive wars are necessarily boring?  Hell I think the best game I saw all year was LSU/Auburn and that was 7-3.

---That was a point I made earlier and got pummeled by some who really don't understand football...... low scoring games don't absolutely mean inept teams..... just that the defensive teams are better the offensely parts. As I stated Indy has a extremely powerful offense and never makes the Super Bowl.... Usually the Super Bowls teams are teams with good defenses... (The Rams were about the only exception that I can remember that had a rather poor defense) When the Ravens made the Super Bowl they never scored a TD in October that year but only lost one game and won three. Chicago never scored an offensive TD last week... and won. Lots of people think good teams have to score lots of points ... a lot don't.

--I did not watch this one (in class) so I really don't know about this game. It may have the result of bad judgement, maybe not. Considering how many points Fla. Atlantic has been giving up, that doesn't seem to say much for the LaLa offense.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

I think there is a huge difference in playing good, sound defense and playing boring, conservative football.

Very few of those powerful SEC defenses with their amazing speed we see on TV every weekend are a part of an overall program that attempts to go out and intentionally play for field position all night long, hoping to keep it close in order to be able to make a play to win it in the end.

RIck

I watch the weeknight games on ESPN with the MAC, Conf. USA, and WAC teams and they all usually suck as well. Just something different about watching football on the weeknights. I am not saying that last night was good football b/c it was very boring. But if you watch the other conferences play during the week then you would have to agree that they are boring as well.................One positive though was both teams look very beatable, and how did La Laf beat Houston ?

I thought it was a good weeknight game, and it had some excitement. Sure, there was some sloppy play. Sloppy officiating too.

Overall, both defenses looked pretty good. Several great hits. That clothesline was scary. I hope we can score on either of them.

I think this was a letdown game for the Cajuns after the Houston win. Babb did not have a good game, but their defense hung in there, forced turnovers, and they snuck out with a W.

Horrible clock management by Schnelly and his team on the last drive. 

Isn't Schnelly one of those big name coaches that everyone wants us to get? I wasn't impressed. Although the clip of him earlier in the week standing on a bucket in the FAU cafeteria trying to convince the students to go to the game showed how dedicated he was to the program.

I think there is a huge difference in playing good, sound defense and playing boring, conservative football. 

Very few of those powerful SEC defenses with their amazing speed we see on TV every weekend are a part of an overall program that attempts to go out and intentionally play for field position all night long, hoping to keep it close in order to be able to make a play to win it in the end. 

RIck

I don't disagree with your statement... just the ones that think that low-scoring games automaticly means inept teams..... and some folks here think that...