ASU Chancellor Search

Arkstfan

I feel it would be safe to say that there would be many on GoMeanGreen.com (and beyond) who would have had no problem with, uh, "Dr." Noval F. Pohl as the Chancellor of the UNT System. Of course, UNT politics have shown us in the past that just when we get somebody that alums like, then the professors don't and so we go out and get a Texas politician without a Phd to be our Chancellor. Sorry to be so subtle with this, I'll try to be more to the point next time. blink.gif

Quite frankly, I believe had Dr. Pohl been name the UNT Chancellor (which our campus politics would make that possibility virtually impossible)................ or if Dr. Pohl would have continued in his role as UNT president; anyway, that UNT would have (1) an upwardly mobile direction athletically across the board since we should know by our past history that standing still at the NCAA D1-A level is tantamount to going backwards and (2) with Pohl's leadership we woujld have had by now more than just a good jump-start with our new football stadium fund for UNT-Dallas, whoops, I mean't UNT-Denton. sad.gif

Arkstfan, with Dr. Pohl, you'd also have an ASU Chancellor who would be a very effective (and pro-active) cheerleader for ASU Indian varsity athletics (instead of the passive type attitude we now have at UNT from one who says he doesn't have a passion for athletics but won't stand it its way). I know which type of attitude most on this board would most likely prefer. rolleyes.gif.................AND FWIW..............I think we also know which kind of attitude from a top university administrator is conducive for the advancement of a school's varsity athletic program, too. sad.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen