DD on the radio

EagleD

One of the local Austin radio stations (1300 "The Zone") will be in Denton tomorrow (Friday) to preview the Mean Green. Craig Way's show is on from 2pm - 4pm. Craig is the voice of the Longhorns and is also an NT alum. Not only that, Craig is a walking sports encyclopedia, and a hell of a nice guy. He will interview Dickey, but I don't know what time. This was done a couple of years ago and I may have been the only caller. I, of course, asked Dickey about the '88 robbery, and he shyed away from answering it.

So this is your chance to hear from DD and call in. Here's the link:

1300 "The Zone"

I expect to hear a flood of calls from Denton! Make me proud Mean Green Nation. I don't want to be the only caller, but I will.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!

BEAT THE HELL OUT OF TEXAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I probably can not pick up the station but I will try to find it on line and call in - but not to embarrass OUR coach (ie  OUR University),

I agree. Please don't embarrass our coach or university. I think it would be great if we all called and gave him our support and encouraged him to make a game plan to BEAT THE HELL OUT OF TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!

I agree.  Please don't embarrass our coach or university.  I think it would be great if we all called and gave him our support and encouraged him to make a game plan to BEAT THE HELL OUT OF TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!

Well, just calling in and telling him that it's our expectation that he try and beat the hell out of Texas would embarrass him. He NEVER says that its' his intent to go out and win OCC games.

I DIDN'T COME HERE TO LOSE is a totally foreign concept to him.

I expect to hear a flood of calls from Denton!  Make me proud Mean Green Nation.  I don't want to be the only caller, but I will. 

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!

BEAT THE HELL OUT OF TEXAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got off the phone. I was told that they are not taking calls during Coach Dickey's interview. mad.gif

Great Interview. Although where was this road show. They said there was a Longhorn helmet there.

Dickey did say they prepare every game to Win. Even Vs Texas. Had very positive things to say overall.

I see a pumped up team alot better than 2-9.

I would say take UNT and the points. Book it.

Good interview... DD was pretty funny. He was also very direct and focussed. I laughed at the "we'll show them UT game film this week, then see if they'll get on the bus" line. He also said some good things about taking every week the same. No more "we can beat these guys, but not those guys"...stuff. I hope we do well, but I also hope we dont take horrible injuries? I really dont care that much about UT, win or lose. I want us to beat SMU in the home opener, then go into Tulsa with Jamario on a hot streak.

Finally, it's football season!

GMG!!!

Good interviews with DD and Joel Foster. Being an old lineman (bothways back in my day) I believe the success of your season lies heavily there. I was more disappointed in our OL last year than any phase of the team. I had really thought it would be our strength. Maybr this year!!!!! I would like to see us be a stong two deep.

Already one "Mean Green Eagles" reference...could be worse though.

EDIT: he just corrected himself, and is complimenting the uniqueness of "Mean Green."  Just told the Mean Joe story

I'm confused. Per UNT's site http://www.unt.edu/pais/insert/uagaw.htm

The UNT mascot is the eagle and the school colors are green and white. UNT athletes are also known as the “Mean Green” or the “Mean Green Eagles.”

Guest GrayEagleOne

I'm confused.  Per UNT's site http://www.unt.edu/pais/insert/uagaw.htm

The UNT mascot is the eagle and the school colors are green and white. UNT athletes are also known as the “Mean Green” or the “Mean Green Eagles.”

Exactamundo. The nickname display at the NCAA museum (at least before they moved to Indianapolis) showed all three...Eagles, Mean Green and Mean Green Eagles.