UNT Football Practice Updates

untbowler

Just curious why UNT feels that the fans should pay to read about their team, yet MTSU, ULM, ASU, FAU, Troy, and ULL all have daily postings on their websites for free. UNT has the media day and then nothing else. Why do they feel we should pay are they that worse off than the schools above?

I know Harry and Illuvius give more in-depth coverage but even bare bones reports from the Athletic Department would be nice instead we get the silent treatment.

Here's my perspective: Billy Lucci offers a similar service to Harry down at A&M. And I believe that costs $10/month (the MGR costs $40 per year). So from my perspective I am saving $6 per month.

And I would much rather pay to read the analysis of a 3rd party individual rahter than reading the free published party line from the athletic department. Even though Harry (and Matt) is a fan, he tries to cut it pretty straight. I want to know what's going on, not the offical party line; and for that I am willing to pay.

well that's my point I have no problem with Harry and his updates they are awesome, but right now unless you bought a subscription late last year you do not have access right now nor can you buy-in again.

I would just like to see little blurbs coming from AD, heck they never even acknowledged that a former UNT Golfer placed 10th at the British Open last weekend.

Even if it is an overly positive view of practice anything would do right now until Harry and Co. allow new subscriptions.

I'll weigh in on this. I'm on the monthly charge for the Premium Content on the athletic site. You can watch football games and basketball games, or whatever, when you absolutely cannot attend a game. I live 350 miles from Denton, so it is a good thing to have.

But, I am disappointed that after almost three days of practice, all we have is interviews with players (which is very good stuff), and DD's media day comments. Again, good stuff. But why can't we be privy to what's going on at the practice field? A simple training report covering both practices would be nice. I mean, am I asking for too much?

I mean, am I asking for too much?

yes. the athletic deparrtment staff needs more bodies and reorganized. it is too busy now to handle things correctly. they can't get basic ticket packages right. more media is too complicated for them to attempt but a simple daily update would be nice. trying to be big time on pennies,.

yes.  the athletic deparrtment staff needs more bodies and reorganized.  it is too busy now to handle things correctly. they can't get basic ticket packages right.  more media is too complicated for them to attempt but a simple daily update would be nice.  trying to be big time on pennies,.

So, our 11th year back into D1A and all we are getting is smoke and mirrors? How much could it possibly cost to hire a journalism student to report on the practices and input it into the website?