Regal Eagle Raffle

DoubleEagle

It's that time again...tickets are $50 each...

http://www.unt.edu/development/regaleagleraffle06.htm

Winner of the 2006 Regal Eagle Raffle Receives

Round trip travel on the Regal Eagle to Austin for winner and up to 10 guests

(Trip must begin and end within the DFW area)

Lunch on outbound and inbound trips

Choice beverages stocked on coach

Hotel accomodations (five rooms maximum)

Game tickets for entire group

Tailgating tickets for entire group

UNT host who will travel on coach with the group

How to purchase raffle tickets

Make checks payable to: UNT Foundation Inc.

Mail payments to: UNT Foundation Inc., P.O. Box 311250, Denton, TX 76203

Call and use a major credit card: 800-868-1153

Net proceeds benefit the Mean Green Club.

Must be 21 years or older to purchase tickets. Not tax-deductible.

Sponsored by UNT Foundation Inc.

Guest JohnDenver

Same as every year at UT.

:\

The ticket office called and asked if I wanted to buy a raffle ticket this year (since I am sucker and buy them every year). I told them that I think it is rigged and I am not a high dollar Denton lawyer and that means I have no chance, so I am not going to buy one. He said I could come up there on drawing day to see that they draw it out of a hat.. I asked if I could look at every ballot as it goesn't into that hat.

The ticket office called and asked if I wanted to buy a raffle ticket this year (since I am sucker and buy them every year). I told them that I think it is rigged and I am not a high dollar Denton lawyer and that means I have no chance, so I am not going to buy one. He said I could come up there on drawing day to see that they draw it out of a hat.. I asked if I could look at every ballot as it goesn't into that hat.

You are sooooooooo suspicious. ohmy.gif

BTW what's the latest with your VW?

I KNEW SMU was involved in this!!! unsure.gif

• 1 month later...

JohnDenver -- trust me, that thing is NOT rigged! Why?? Because I'm not only a client, I'm also a winner. (OK, maybe not the best riff off the Hair Club for Men commercial but I tried my best).

Anyway, before last year and the "high dollar Denton lawyer" winning it, little ol' me won the initial Regal Eagle raffle & I wouldn't classify me as a high-dollar anything. When they called me to annouce I had won I was floored. (Y'know the usual "I've never won anything in my life. This is so COOL" kind of speech). Long story short, it was a BLAST!! Sure, I think UNT was initially apprenhensive about turning over their million-dollar bus to a bunch of fraternity guys in their late 20's & early 30's that loved to drink quite a few cold totties but everything couldn't have gone smoother!! (and we did behave ourselves smile.gif ). It's a first class bus & I encourage everyone to buy tickets because, win or lose, it goes to a WORTHY cause.

If there's any rigging going on, it would be THIS year, if my name gets pulled out of the hat. They'd probably throw it back because if I won it again people would really start thinking it's rigged & they need to avoid that!! tongue.gif