I saw the Super Mean Green Bus

greenjoe

I saw the fancy smancy Mean Green Bus this morning parked out front of Gene's Body Shop on S. Elm. I didn't see any damage and I wondered if it was ther to replace the Craig Helwig era decals with the new and improved North Texas logo.

Seems to me that this would need to be changed quickly so as to show off when it is (surely) taken to Austin for the UT game.

And by the way, I haven't seen ONE North Texas vehicle with the new logo. I'm sure if one were to ask, the reply would be that there isn't the staff available to do the job. Is this something the GOMEANGREEN nation would be interested in doing ?

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy Season Tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

How much money did NT spend on the new logo?  You know, logogate.  Didn't they hire this big marketing firm, then presented the findings to committees, etc., to aproved the new signage and wordmarks.  How much did all of this cost?

I think the price tag was somewhere between $250 and $500K. I have to admit I'm a little disappointed with how little we're seeing the new logos. The bookstores have done a decent job of getting the new stuff on the shelves, but you can still find plenty of the stupid parrot eagle and even the gold and blue star.

Guest e-bone

With UNT's budget, I don't see the point in putting a new paint job on the 92 POS's driving around campus. Now building signs and other such things should be changed to add the new logos.

But Bone, if the University owned vehicles (POS) don't use the new stuff, why would we expect anyone else to do so. Also, the only thing more expensive than the new logo is the new logo not used. If this is the new look, let's get it out. The sooner, the better.

And how much could it cost ? $25 or $35 per door ? $35. x 172 doors =$6,020.

That's a lot I grant you, but we didn't change logos to save money.

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy Season Tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

I think the price tag was somewhere between $250 and $500K. I have to admit I'm a little disappointed with how little we're seeing the new logos. The bookstores have done a decent job of getting the new stuff on the shelves, but you can still find plenty of the stupid parrot eagle and even the gold and blue star.

Money could have been better spent on Assistant Coach's salaries.

That is a gross overestimation of the cost.

It wasn't anything over 5 figures if i remember correctly.

Edited by MeanMag

That is a gross overestimation of the cost.

It wasn't anything over 5 figures if i remember correctly.

You're right. I did overestimate, but it's still 6 figures. According to the NT Daily article (I realize the vulnerability of my source), the total cost was about $150K. The link to the article is here.