What if Marcus Vick opted to play for UNT.

fan19740

College is a lot different from the NFL.

The Cowboys are in no short supply of attention, or money, and teams are pretty much on even footing in this regard. Parity, and all that.

I don't know that I'd want Vick, either, though, considering that he could miss games for being in JAIL, not just for being obnoxious.

I think I would take him simply for the notoriety. I wouldn't make a habit of taking on problem children, though.

---I don't want Vick or anyone like him that paints us in a bad light. We are an academic situation first and not a professional sports one.

Example: Miami has a winning football program but it is tainted by the number of outlaw types and total dumbies that have attended there. In their case I will admit the QBs have been good and do have a good image but the rest of the group is considered a pretty outlawish group. I and most people doubt Miami is all that good of a academic place, just a football machine with no morality.

---I do view pro-players and programs a lot differently in many ways since it is a money driven (for profit) situation. I still have no love for TO "ME" Owens and consider him a total fool. I really doubt that bring in ME will be good for Dallas in the long run. I expect him to disrupt and destroy the team that is there, plus even if they win a few more games I doubt that will help any on fan support or the bottom line which the NFL makes a fortune in NFL products.

--- Those who credit ME with Phiily's success are totally blind and are ingoring reality. Philly had made the NFL finals before he came there plus the year they made the Super Bowl they played much of the end of their Super-Bowl season without him, maybe 6-7 games. They even won all the playoff games (which they had not done the two years before) to get to the Super Bowl without him in uniform. The first game he played in since October was the Super Bowl which they lost.....So... how did he get them into the Super Bowl which some claim..... that is crazy logic.

---I doubt he will keep his mouth shut, he is too stupid to do otherwise. ... back to the topic.... I do not anyone associated with UNT that is as stupid as Vick and can't stay out of trouble.

Just like I am ceasing to be a Cowboys fan as long as TO is here (possibly as long as Jerry Jones owns the team) I would stop going to ANY UNT event related to athletics as long as the powers that be that allowed Vick to come to UNT were here.

Winning is valuble but there are alot of things more valuble to a program than winning and reputation is one of them.

I think you might be crazy if you say no to this far-fetched pipe dream. This is what would happen. He would decide to come here, say he wants to help us win (which he would as he is probably faster than anyone on our team and throws a really good ball as well), say that he has learned a lot from his past mistakes, etc. then we would all be like "well, ok, I guess we should give him a shot" realizing he would be the first NT QB drafted in I dont even know how long if ever. I understand the strong moral stance by some, I appreciate that, but it would pack the stadium and put is "in" every game this year.