UNT at UT game 9/2

gksmith

Some business going to have a game watching party?

And why is the UNT sports page so lame not listing the football schedule yet?

I know it will change some when they add a 12th game, but we ran into that last season.

Some business going to have a game watching party?

And why is the UNT sports page so lame not listing the football schedule yet?

I know it will change some when they add a 12th game, but we ran into that last season.

Doubt there will be a telecast of UT game unless it was listed as a horror event. The blood letting will be much too brutal for young eyes as this may be the best UT team we've ever played and DD is 0-92 in his other two tries. UT will merely treat this "scrimmage game" as an extension of its Fall Camp, and experiment for the next week when the real season begins with Ohio State in Austin. The worst thing that will come out of this massacre is the damage it will do to the team for its next game against SMU. Oh, almost forgot that to DD and staff SMU is just another ho-hum OOC game. sad.gif

Doubt there will be a telecast of UT game unless it was listed as a horror event. The blood letting will be much too brutal for young eyes as this may be the best UT team we've ever played and DD is 0-92 in his other two tries. UT will merely treat this "scrimmage game" as an extension of its Fall Camp, and experiment for the next week when the real season begins with Ohio State in Austin. The worst thing that will come out of this massacre is the damage it will do to the team for its next game against SMU. Oh, almost forgot that to DD and staff SMU is just another ho-hum OOC game. sad.gif

Texas has a couple of question marks on offense so it might not be too bad. Of course if our 3-4 is as porous as last years 4-3, you may be right. Just hope we can put some pressure on their rookie QB, and that the ineptitude of last year's offense was a one season anomaly. Next August I'll be saying that we're going there to win, but for now I'll say that I'd be happy with a 35-10 loss.

Normaly a big time program like UT that just won a national championship has all their games brodcast no matter who they are. Heck OU hasn't won a national championship since the 2000 season and all their games are aired every year. The UNT game may not be shown on ABC or ESPN but I bet it will be on the ESPN Game Plan or Fox Sports SW at the very least.

I almost hope that the game isnt televised... I mean, some people may say that no matter the score, it gets our name out there... idk, 67-0 i think is worse than no one knowing about us... Because then the conversation is more like "did you hear how that crappy team got killed by UT?" Not all publicity is good publicity... Hopefully it wont be too ugly, but, im not holding my breath...

I almost hope that the game isnt televised...  I mean, some people may say that no matter the score, it gets our name out there...  idk, 67-0 i think is worse than no one knowing about us...  Because then the conversation is more like "did you hear how that crappy team got killed by UT?"  Not all publicity is good publicity...  Hopefully it wont be too ugly, but, im not holding my breath...

You are correct!

I don't think that we'll hammer North Texas this time around as we will be without the InVinceable One. We'll also be breaking in a new QB for the game and who knows what will happen. I'm sure that the game will be on TV. Hopefully, it will not be Pay Per View like it was the last two times. I look forward to the game this coming Fall. biggrin.gif

Plus I figure this is like what the NFL does on the opening weekend (Thursday start of the season) where the Champions have a chance to go overboard patting themselves on the back and raising the Championship banner.

"Yea! Look how great we are! Everyone else looks like a pile of puke by comparison!"

Hope we can at least score this time. Granted DD passed up some "FG opportunities" for the sake of tring to get into the end zone last time. Not that I disagree with that so much. Down 40-0 midway through the 3rd quarter and you are going to trot the kicker out on the filed?

Oh yea...the reason I started this thread is because no UTers are selling their tickets yet on eBay, and even if I had the money and time to do it, I would not spend $300+ per ticket to ANYTHING!

Some of us have to pay for house, and car, and CCs, and other crap.