men's bb tournament in tennessee

drex

I have been thinking about the men's tournament in Murphreesboro and wanted your thoughts on our chances. If we lose big at South Alabama, I'd say slim to none. If we play the game close or win, I'd say that it could be anyone's tournament. All teams in the conference have beaten other teams in the conference, even Western Ky. However, this could turn into a Westery Ky. home game since it is not that far from WKU to Murphreesboro. Middle Tenn is not good enough to make it too far into the tournament, so WKU should have the home court advantage. While we have lost some big games to conference foes this season, it should be interesting to see how we do at a neutral site. I guess the tournament is WKU's to lose with a sleeper against them in the finals.

Considering that we haven't performed well at all on the road this season, I don't have high hopes for the tournament. I think the only team they could beat out of the East division right now is FIU, and that's even a toss up game right now.

I think the better question is how the women will perform in the tournament. Should they beat South Alabama and at least win one game in the conference tournament, they should have a good shot at getting an NIT bid with 20 wins.

On both sides of the tournament, Western Kentucky looks very strong and it's their tournament to lose on the men's and women's side.

I would say it depends on which team shows up to the conference tourney. Is it the team that hit a ton of 3 points against troy in both games and the one that made a great game of both aTm and Houston and beat Yemi and Denver or is it the team that got stomped by South Bama and couldn't beat UNO, either time. The team has so much talent and potential, but they are just to undisciplined to do it every night. We have the team to win the conference tourney they just have to show up.

I doubt we will get past the first game.

I might not know that much about bb, but... does it seem like we take way too many threes? its like every game is based on a prayer that we hit the threes we throw up. Furthermore, does it sometimes look like we are playing just a street-ball pick up game?