Spring practice...

MOONDAD

I'm new to this board so forgive my ignorance but I read in another post that the mean green are beginning spring practice next week. This seems really early to me. Why do they start spring drills so early? And does anybody know if they are the first D1A program to begin this early?

Thanks

JM biggrin.gif

I'm new to this board so forgive my ignorance but I read in another post that the mean green are beginning spring practice next week. This seems really early to me. Why do they start spring drills so early? And does anybody know if they are the first D1A program to begin this early?

Thanks

JM biggrin.gif

NT spring practice starts Monday Feb. 13 thru the spring game on Thursday night March 9. It is the earliest start of any 1-A team, and usually is. Coach Dickey likes to get spring practice over before NT's spring break (starts Mar. 11?). It also gives the players a longer break before fall to heal from injuries and just be students the rest of the semester.

Are you a player's dad?

Edited by NT80

Are you a player's dad?

I have a son who is a late JUCO grad, infact he is leaving Ca. tomorrow to come home. He has been talking to the coaches at UNT, they seem interested. I actually was on the Uof L board and read a post that mentioned that the mean green was starting up spring practice and I wanted to confirm. Thanks for the information.

JM biggrin.gif

I have a son who is a late JUCO grad, infact he is leaving Ca. tomorrow to come home. He has been talking to the coaches at UNT, they seem interested. I actually was on the Uof L board and read a post that mentioned that the mean green was starting up spring practice and I wanted to confirm. Thanks for the information.

JM biggrin.gif

Will there be new walk-ons when practice start Monday? If anyone of you know please post something about these players.

Troy's spring practice starts Saturday, March the 4th and the T-Day game will be the next Saturday March the 11th. I assume they'll have practice time still remaining and will use it after the spring game. Blakeney likes to have the game early so he can have the rest of the practice time to work on stuff from the game.

Good luck this year my Green friends. Let's all win some OOC games before we beat up on one another.

JM biggrin.gif

So, do you live in Texas or California.