Not a cheerleader in sight

greenjoe

zip, nada, zero cheerleaders. Scrappy was there and did a good job.

As many of you know, I'm not a cheerleader guy.

Why not scrap the cheerleaders and expand the NT Dancers.

NFL teams don't use the high school/college type cheerleaders. We could lose the cheerleaders and replace them with the Dancers The Dancers can do everything the cheerleaders do without the anoying pyramids and flips

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

zip, nada, zero cheerleaders.  Scrappy was there and did a good job.

NFL teams don't use the high school/college type cheerleaders.  We could lose the cheerleaders and replace them with the Dancers  The Dancers can do everything the cheerleaders do without the anoying pyramids and flips

or you could just get a bunch of dudes together and call them "yell leaders"... rolleyes.gif

zip, nada, zero cheerleaders.  Scrappy was there and did a good job.

NFL teams don't use the high school/college type cheerleaders.  We could lose the cheerleaders and replace them with the Dancers  The Dancers can do everything the cheerleaders do without the anoying pyramids and flips

That's actually not a bad idea. Since the cheerleaders obviously aren't interested in attending the games, why make them? Why not just expand the Dancers and let them cheer. I think it'd be great to have something like the Mavs Men out there as well. It'd be lots of entertainment, as well as a way to get more people involved.

That's actually not a bad idea. Since the cheerleaders obviously aren't interested in attending the games, why make them? Why not just expand the Dancers and let them cheer. I think it'd be great to have something like the Mavs Men out there as well. It'd be lots of entertainment, as well as a way to get more people involved.

Why not modify it to what USC does?

http://www.usc.edu/student-affairs/IMREC/s...bout/about.html

"Unlike other college cheer teams, the Song Leaders are primarily a dance squad."

Hey guys, I agree with yall that the dancers are great and represent our university well. People need to go down there and let them know that the are appreciated sometimes though. They are in the same boat as the basketball team, they go to the games and perform in front of sparse crowds and don't really felt appreciated a lot of the time. So if you get a chance, let them know what we notice that they are there every game and appreciate them.

then be sure to walk over the marketing and promotions department and blame them for the cheerleaders not being there...

Why would anyone do that? I don't think anyone has blamed marketing and promotions for the lack of cheerleaders, but I guess you have to say what you have to say to try to make your argument better.

I guess we could walk over to the marketing and promotions department and ask them why there is 500 people in a 10,000 seat arena though. Oh yeah, it's not their fault, there aren't enough student volunteers... rolleyes.gif

Man, I have to stop letting you drag me into arguments. You are quite good at picking fights.

PLEASE walk over to the marketing and promotions people and ask them why the cheerleaders aren't there. They are the ones over us and they are the ones who hired the coach who caused over half of the sqaud to quit. PLEASE ask marketing and promotions and hold them accountable for their screwup in the hiring of the current coach of the cheerleaders!

e-bone- come on man, you know you love fighting with me. everyone on this board can tell that you love to argue. you are just so negative about everything! i was pretty sure that you were going to turn your post into "the AD doesn't care about basketball" so I just figured that we would go ahead and get that one out of the way. i guess you could walk over to the marketing department and ask them why there were only 500 people there. then you COULD go sign up as a student volunteer but you won't do either one because it would actually require some work, not just typing on an internet message board.

CO Green- I don't know anything about the new cheerleading coach. They might be absolutely horrible and I won't even pretend to know the situation. If all of our cheerleaders are quitting because of her then maybe she should be fired. Like I said, I don't know but do you guys cheer for the coach or for UNT?

In all fairness, at least e-bone is going to the games (womens and mens) thats more than I can say for most of the people I talk to that live IN DENTON or the surrounding areas. I dont know what the answer is to solve attendance issues. You have to create interest in the games and the atmosphere and I am at a loss for what to do. Part of that is that I dont know what is currently being done. Its obviously not being "sold" however, as there are only 1000 people going/buying into it.

PLEASE walk over to the marketing and promotions people and ask them why the cheerleaders aren't there.  They are the ones over us and they are the ones who hired the coach who caused over half of the sqaud to quit.  PLEASE ask marketing and promotions and hold them accountable for their screwup in the hiring of the current coach of the cheerleaders!

I'm no unofficial super expert namedropper like some on this thread, but wouldn't this hiring and firing call go to RV?

On another note:

To blame marketing and promotions for all problems is stupid, but to argue that everything possible has been done is stupid as well. I think collaboration is a good idea, but I also know me walking into a banker's office and saying "you aren't doing this right" would not be well received. I think bringing some actual ideas and being polite to the staff would go a long way.

UNTSIG, what's the staff like since you guy are so tight? Would they really be open to something like this or would it be the same smile and nod treatment others have been given (if even a smile?)

Dump the cheerleaders. Boost the budget for the dancers.

If someone is looking for an excuse, they will find it. I bet if NT were in the New Orleans Bowl, there wouldn't have been a single cheerleader quit. No bowl game/no show up.

Jennifer Cloutier (sp) and the NT Dancers show up for any thing that involves a ball of any shape. I'm sure they work, go to school, live out of town, have a sick grandmother, etc. They just seem to get the job done.

dump the cheerleaders.

Dance, dance, dance.

PS. to sportsguy-

I was at the game Monday night. If there was a cheerleader of any gender there, he was well hidden. One of the ways we know the cheerleaders are at an event is that we can see them. An invisible cheerleader is not a cheerleader. Joe

Edited by greenjoe

PLEASE walk over to the marketing and promotions people and ask them why the cheerleaders aren't there.  They are the ones over us and they are the ones who hired the coach who caused over half of the sqaud to quit.  PLEASE ask marketing and promotions and hold them accountable for their screwup in the hiring of the current coach of the cheerleaders!

Correct me if I am wrong, but weren't you the previous coach of the cheerleaders?

e-bone- come on man, you know you love fighting with me.  everyone on this board can tell that you love to argue.  you are just so negative about everything!  i was pretty sure that you were going to turn your post into "the AD doesn't care about basketball" so I just figured that we would go ahead and get that one out of the way.  i guess you could walk over to the marketing department and ask them why there were only 500 people there.  then you COULD go sign up as a student volunteer but you won't do either one because it would actually require some work, not just typing on an internet message board.

CO Green- I don't know anything about the new cheerleading coach.  They might be absolutely horrible and I won't even pretend to know the situation.  If all of our cheerleaders are quitting because of her then maybe she should be fired.  Like I said, I don't know but do you guys cheer for the coach or for UNT?

You are by far the most negative person I've seen on this board. You are the one who turned this thread into an argument, not me. I asked people to thank the dancers if they get a chance, and you had to start an argument because that is what you love to do. I don't love to argue, but when it comes to things like cheerleaders not showing up to basketball games and idiots try to defend them, then yeah, I'll argue with those idiots. I shouldn't but it pisses me off when basketball receives so little attention from students, alumni and especially that AD, whose job it is to get those peoples' attention. As for the student volunteer. Hey, you probably have as much free time during the semester as I do, why don't you volunteer? I'm taking all 4000 level courses, work and am part of a student organization. Hell, I'm not even sure that you show up to the games and support the teams. Those yahoos in the AD have a job that they are paid to do and there is no sign that they care about basketball. It is obvious to anyone who goes to a football game and sees that they put effort into that with tailgating and all of that, and then goes to a basketball game and sees no effort was put into improving the game day experience at all.

You have gone to a few games this year, right? Otherwise you would be arguing about something that you have nothing to base your opinion on. In other words, you would be arguing because you love to argue.