Sideline penalty?

greensleeves

I'm on the student side as well, so I can't be certain. I know a sideline warning is generally because the players/coaches are getting onto the field in the midst of all the action. Doesn't mean they're talking nasty to the refs, just means they need to move back behind the sideline chaulk.

The sideline personal foul was because Scrappy smacked a ref for the BS call.

(no, he didn't really)

The sideline warning was due to a ref running down the sideline on a long pass play and he ran into one of our coaches. 

The penalty was on Coach D because he was cussing out the REF (rightfully so) for the crappy holding call...

i disagree with your "rightfully so". we have a discipline problem on this team and it's because of a coach who can't control himself to the point that it penalizes the team. if you see your coach doing this, what the heck will keep you from losing control yourself? this, plus the story of coaches cheering on the penalty that brough JQ's punt return back. i understand a losing season because of injuries or slow developing talent, but these penalties absolutely drive me crazy.

i disagree with your "rightfully so".  we have a discipline problem on this team and it's because of a coach who can't control himself to the point that it penalizes the team.  if you see your coach doing this, what the heck will keep you from losing control yourself?  this, plus the story of coaches cheering on the penalty that brough JQ's punt return back.  i understand a losing season because of injuries or slow developing talent, but these penalties absolutely drive me crazy.

Please clarify the "coaches cheering the penalty" on JQ's punt return.

ohmy.gif

i disagree with your "rightfully so".  we have a discipline problem on this team and it's because of a coach who can't control himself to the point that it penalizes the team.  if you see your coach doing this, what the heck will keep you from losing control yourself?  this, plus the story of coaches cheering on the penalty that brough JQ's punt return back.  i understand a losing season because of injuries or slow developing talent, but these penalties absolutely drive me crazy.

I know nothing about the cheering on the punt return so I will not comment about that...but all coaches give the refs hell on bad calls...its DD's job to give the refs Hell when they give a jacked-up call, its called working the refs and it has nothing to do with the dicipline problem on the team. It shows the team you are on their side and your doing your best to keep things fair for them. I have attended hundreds of High School, College and Pro games and thats the first time I've seen a ref give a coach on a college team a penalty for giving him crap about a call when he wasn't even out on the field or even close to the ref he was yelling at.

Edited by soonerdon

Yeah but the same people that will gripe at Dickey for arguing a BS holding call are the same ones who said he should have raised hell to the refs at the FAU game for the lost down.

my point was not that he shouldn't argue the call, but that he should be able to control himself to keep from getting a penalty. the cheering i was refering to was from someone on this board saying that coaches were patting the player on the back who got JQ's return called back ( i sat on the student side, so i didn't see it, but i thought i read it on here).

It is true, one of the coaches patted 49 on the back when he came off the field after the punt return. What is astonishing to me is that the kid went right back on the field for the ensuing punt return.

Darrel did cuss out an official and did get the unsportsmanlike. No coach should ever get a penalty like this. That personal foul on 49 defined our whole season and program in one play. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid penalty.