Is 2006 when we go to 12 games?

El Paso Eagle

I'm fairly sure you will have to have 7 wins to go Bowling.

This would be a great time for the Non-BCS schools to stick together and start getting more home-and-home series.

last year that there were 12 games in 2003, I remember several teams made it with 6-6 records. Now if you play 13 games in a season, you have to win 7 games in a season, ASU went 6-7 a few years back and weren't bowl eligable.

You have to have 6 wins which is really bad because it allows lower teir BCS schools to go 2-6 in conference, and play 4 DIV1AA teams at home, win, and go bowling. mad.gif

You couldn't do that playing I-AA schools, but you could have an Oregon State beating crappy WAC teams. Wisconsin did this in 2002 and got into the Alamo Bowl.

From the San Deigo AD -

The current NCAA rule regarding bowl eligibility requires 6 wins for an 11 game season and a winning record, so if a team plays 12 games, it needs 7 wins. Starting next year, under the new 12 game season, a team will still only need 6 wins, so as it stands now, a team can go 6-6 next year and be eligible for a bowl game. That rule is the subject of much debate these days, and it could be changed to require 7 wins.

When I talked to Rick V a few weeks ago he said that he hoped that Rice would be our twelfth game for next year. He said that he thought the game next year would be in Houston with the Owls coming to Denton the following season. He said that it was not set, but that is the way he hoped it would work. If anyone has more recent information, please post it for everyone to see.

When I talked to Rick V a few weeks ago he said that he hoped that Rice would be our twelfth game for next year.  He said that he thought the game next year would be in Houston with the Owls coming to Denton the following season.  He said that it was not set, but that is the way he hoped it would work.  If anyone has more recent information, please post it for everyone to see.

I think we can beat Rice. blink.gif

When I talked to Rick V a few weeks ago he said that he hoped that Rice would be our twelfth game for next year.  He said that he thought the game next year would be in Houston with the Owls coming to Denton the following season.  He said that it was not set, but that is the way he hoped it would work.  If anyone has more recent information, please post it for everyone to see.

That would be awesome. I hope it comes to fruition.

If not, I think we'd be stupid not to use the 12th game as an opportunity for another home game. Schedule a 1AA and get a win.

If we lose to the 1AA, well........ F us.