LOOK AT NMSU !

UNT_playmaker

I CANT STAND IT ANYMORE, I JUST CANT, I CANT STAND IT ANYMORE, THINGS ARE NOT GOOD HERE AT NORTH TEXAS, LOOK AT THIS COMPARISON AND TELL ME THINGS ARE GOOD HERE AT NORTH TEXAS.

NEW MEXICO STATE (A TEAM WE BEAT 4 STRAIGHT TIMES)

1.New mexico state has a fiery coach,

2. good 1st half showing against a strong #13 team (225yds offense)

3.good crowd that wants to be there, and no gaps in the stadium

4.a nice stadium that should resembles a college stadium

5.new conference (WAC, which i know isnt the best but its defiantely a step up)

6.they got #13 CAL at home on ESPN National on a friday night

THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS ( 4 TIME SBC CHAMPS, WHICH = JACK SH#T

1. we have a coach who only knows how to win SBC games and is way overpaid ($225,000) for dickey ball i dont think so.

2. Our defense has scored more in two games than our OFFENSE (9-7)

3. We have to bribe our students ( Free with I.D. and t-shirts) to come to our games with HUGE gaps in stadium

4. Our stadium looks like a high school stadium, even the new denton high stadium is nicer and resembles a college stadium

5. SBC-enough said, commonly refered to as the Possum League

6. we cant get any OOC teams to play at our crappy stadium or to come unless we give in to their demands and act desperate, and we are going to be on espn 2 on a tues night. sad or pathetic you chose

Man we are going to play Troy the biggest game of our season on a tues night, in a in a worn out tin can that will be 3/4 empty and displayed embarrassingly on national t.v. for the first time

NOW TELL ME IF YOU DONT SEE ANY PROBLEMS WITH OUR SITUATION...

One game does not make a season. I would much rather be UNT than NMSU. We have better talent, better coach (yes DD is a GREAT coach), and more dedicated fans (just look at our board compared to theirs).

I was at 1st mad at the world for the 54-2 butt kickin' but have gotten over it and can look at things more clear now.

UNT is young, and will have to grow. This is a learning year for UNT. Most schools have them, and now it is our turn. We will be fine this year, and next year even better, and the year after even better. Things are bright among the UNT Football program. Look past our emotions of the loss.

Our plus:

1) Good young talent

2) Good Coach

3) Good fan support

4) Bright future

5) Should be fine in SBC play

Our negatives

1) Talent is young

2) Rebuilding

3) Field

4) OOC - Enough said

And I would never think that NMSU is in better shape than UNT in the long term...heck...even the short term.

I CANT STAND IT ANYMORE, I JUST CANT, I CANT STAND IT ANYMORE, THINGS ARE NOT GOOD HERE AT NORTH TEXAS, LOOK AT THIS COMPARISON AND TELL ME THINGS ARE GOOD HERE AT NORTH TEXAS.

NEW MEXICO STATE (A TEAM WE BEAT 4 STRAIGHT TIMES)

1.New mexico state has a fiery coach,

2. good 1st half showing against a strong #13 team (225yds offense)

3.good crowd that wants to be there, and no gaps in the stadium

4.a nice stadium that should resembles a college stadium

5.new conference (WAC, which i know isnt the best but its defiantely a step up)

6.they got  #13 CAL at home on ESPN National on a friday night

THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS ( 4 TIME SBC CHAMPS, WHICH = JACK SH#T

1. we have a coach who only knows how to win SBC games and is way overpaid ($225,000) for dickey ball i dont think so.

2. Our defense has scored more in two games than our OFFENSE (9-7)

3. We have to bribe our students ( Free with I.D. and t-shirts) to come to our games with HUGE gaps in stadium

4. Our stadium looks like a high school stadium, even the new denton high stadium is nicer and resembles a college stadium

5. SBC-enough said, commonly refered to as the Possum League

6. we cant get any OOC teams to play at our crappy stadium or to come unless we give in to their demands and act desperate, and we are going to be on espn 2 on a tues night. sad or pathetic you chose

Man we are going to play Troy the biggest game of our season on a tues night, in a in a worn out tin can that will be 3/4 empty and displayed embarrassingly on national t.v. for the first time

NOW TELL ME IF YOU DONT SEE ANY PROBLEMS WITH OUR SITUATION...

I would think most (99.9%?) of our NORTH TEXAS elect would not trade places with New Mexico State even if they fronted us $10 million to do so.

When we finish the 200 acre Mean Green Athletic Village (and we will sooner than most think) and those 200 acres topped off with our new stadium (its on the way, folks), we will have an total intercollegiate athletic plant that few non BCS schools (& maybe even a handful of BCS schools) will ever match in most of our present NT student's life times.

Patience is a virtue..............As I've been feeling with my 6'th sense the last half year which I've posted more than a few times, I really do believe....the 7'th Calvary Is On The Way at UNT! (And not the one that was at the Little Big Horn, either). blink.gif

GMG!

ps: UNT_playmaker, we all luv' ya' man, but I'm sure glad as hell you are not in charge of FEMA. unsure.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

----I was't pleased with last week.... but one week is far too early to be ready to crucify the coach or the players and give up on the season. This is a young team and it will likely get better but the penalities need to really be reduced and I hope the passing situation get straighten out. Throwing consisantly on first down (often for a loss) did not make any sense to me especially since we supposedly have a very good running game..... Let us hope it was just a bad day and not reflective of the year.

---Things happen..... ask TCU..... they defeat OU, stop Utah's long win streak, but somehow managed to lose to SMU which has been one of the worst teams around lately...

Sic em Green!!

PS: I really think Tulsa is a lot better than they have been given credit for....but not as good as we made them look. The last 14 points we gave up were senseless. I am so old I remember Dallas making the Super Bowl (1970) after losing to Minnesota by 52-10 in the regular season of the same year. Goofy things happen.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

... agree 100%

Trust me I understand the DD negatives, but when you look at his ability as a whole he is a very good coach. UNT is in part where it is because of him. If you think Simon or Parker could have gotten UNT to the level of play were we can even have many of the discussions we have on this board than I will have to disagree.

I might can change my mind on this if you could give me some better coaches that would come to UNT and coach.

---Head Coach is a strange position acually...... It requires a lot of very different skills to be super succesful..........recruiting, public relations, teaching football skills, motivating, game planning, and the ability to adjust duing a game to exploit what is given to them or stop what is run/thrown at them on defense. The last seems to be the worst of the collection for NT, we don't seem to adjust all that well at times..

(DD) can't decide which QB is better when the choice is obvious

You know what, how many practices have you been too? Meetings? How many conversations have you had with these QB's?

You know what, we might as well name you the freakin' Head Coach since you are so damned smart! If UNT knew we had a professional QB coach among us on this board we would have killed Tulsa 77-2.

I like how people think because they have watched a couple of scrimmages they "KNOW" who the "obvious" QB should be.

I am not going to lie, I am a Meager fan, I am on the band wagon. That being said, I know there isn't probably a whole lot of difference between the two.

Remember when Hall and Smith were going at it in 2003, each played a half of every game basically until conference, and then they made a decision. That was because they were that close in talent.

Maybe from practices, film sessions, etc. the coaches have found out that it is better to make this Meager's team.

LETS LEAVE IT UP TO THE FOOTBALL COACHES TO MAKE THE FOOTBALL DECISIONS.

If it were that "obvious" that Phillips was the better guy, I am assuming that is who you were referring to, he would be playing a whole hell of alot more. CASE CLSOED!

You know what, how many practices have you been too?  Meetings?  How many conversations have you had with these QB's?

You know what, we might as well name you the freakin' Head Coach since you are so damned smart!  If UNT knew we had a professional QB coach among us on this board we would have killed Tulsa 77-2.

I like how people think because they have watched a couple of scrimmages they "KNOW" who the "obvious" QB should be.

I am not going to lie, I am a Meager fan, I am on the band wagon.  That being said, I know there isn't probably a whole lot of difference between the two.

Remember when Hall and Smith were going at it in 2003, each played a half of every game basically until conference, and then they made a decision.  That was because they were that close in talent.

Maybe from practices, film sessions, etc. the coaches have found out that it is better to make this Meager's team. 

LETS LEAVE IT UP TO THE FOOTBALL COACHES TO MAKE THE FOOTBALL DECISIONS.

If it were that "obvious" that Phillips was the better guy, I am assuming that is who you were referring to, he would be playing a whole hell of alot more.  CASE CLSOED!

calm down, I was referring to the Hall - Smith battle...as far as Meager, I think he is pretty even with Phillips and if Meager were 100% he would be ahead, but until he is healthy enough to throw deep Phillips should play more...but as I said, I was referring to the Hall-Smith battle...