My game day

EagleChick03

Ignoring the score of Saturday's game for a second, Saturday afternoon made me proud to be an alum of North Texas:

Three hours before game time, Voertman's spirit section was more crowded than the book section is on the first day of classes! How great is that?! I was buying an NT shirt for a fan who hasn't been to a game before and was just so proud to see our bookstore as crowded as I've seen the A&M bookstore before kickoff.

Driving up to the tailgate lot, we had to wait in line for over 20 mins just to find out the lot was already full. Seems like it would be a negative, but there's no greater feeling than the pride that fills you up as you watch people of all types (students, young families, eldery) rushing past you in shades of green to get a good spot at tailgating.

Because the lot was full, we had to drag our stuff from free parking. I'd like to take a second to say thank you so much to the man who walked up and helped my boyfriend lug a 60+ pound ice chest from the lot by Clark allllll the way to the tailgating area. He wouldn't even take a drink as a thank you! He definitely showed the Mean Green spirit so I thought he might read this board. If so, thanks so much!

I've NEVER seen anything like the tailgating on Saturday. EVERY row and EVERY spot was filled with people having a good time on game day. There was just this energy, this excitment in the air. Not since the Baylor game have I seen so many people packed in and felt such a surge at Fouts. I'm so proud to have been part of it all and watch it build in the four years since I've followed the team.

Don't let this devestating loss get us down. Attendance wise, those freshman will be back. Those first-timers will be back. Football at North Texas has become a social event. If all their friends are going, they aren't gonna stay home cause we lost terribly in the last game. Be glad you were a part of building what we saw Saturday in the parking lots.

Football at North Texas has become a social event. If all their friends are going, they aren't gonna stay home cause we lost the last game.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Folks, We Have A Winner!

That is EXACTLY the reason we practically destroy ourselves each season putting together these huge Greenbacker tailgate parties.

Edited by ADLER