50 Yard Line Logo

GreenN'walinsVet

It will be the "Son of Worm" at the 50. But as of Friday nothing had been done yet. However, not sure anyone has noticed but the Mean Green Club deck is no longer a deck. All the wood has been ripped up and replaced with concrete. Half of it is done. The other half friday was framed up, steel tied in and ready to take concrete, which I was told would be poured today or Tuesday. It will be a stepped terrace version instead of one level. It looks very nice, but I sort of hate to see it and question why because it looks like a very expensive, permanant project for the future site of a parking lot. Maybe the new stadium is a little further down the road than previously thought?

Rick

I was out at Fouts today, still no 25 or 50 yd line logos yet. The South endzone is still missing it's goalposts. The stands have been powerwashed and concrete around them have been power washed so it looks decent now. Also the deck is still coming along. Also got a pic of the deck, sorry in advance for the crummy quality since it was taken on a camera phone.

user posted image

It will be the "Son of Worm" at the 50.  But as of Friday nothing had been done yet.  However, not sure anyone has noticed but the Mean Green Club deck is no longer a deck.  All the wood has been ripped up and replaced with concrete.  Half of it is done.  The other half friday was framed up, steel tied in and ready to take concrete, which I was told would be poured today or Tuesday.  It will be a stepped terrace version instead of one level.  It looks very nice, but I sort of hate to see it and question why because it looks like a very expensive, permanant project for the future site of a parking lot.  Maybe the new stadium is a little further down the road than previously thought?

Rick

Then again, Rick, maybe NORTH TEXAS grad/letterman Jim Rainboldt (here in Cowtown) who owns Tarrant Concrete Company gave dear ol' alma mater a heckuva' deal on the concrete, assuming he got the bid of which he seems to get 99% of all concrete work (ie, UNT Health Science Center) from NT; but all I have to say to that is: All power to NT alum James Rainboldt because its always good to see NT doing business with NT grads. smile.gif

I think our new football stadium is on schedule.

• 2 weeks later...