The END of the UNIFORM debate

tonyhuntoon

I think the helmets and jerseys look better than last years.

I can't wait to see the new lighter shade of green applied to the jerseys and helmets next season. Combined with black pants, the Mean Green will look pretty damn sharp, IMO.

Edited by Got5onIt

We have known for a long time that there would be no new uniforms this year.

What? We have known what the new jersey's would look like since May. The addition to having Mean Green on the jersey is a much better addition than having North Texas on the chest and helmet as in the past. Since I picked up the new green jersey's friday I'm pissed I didn't order one myself. This is by far the best jersey we have had so far. The new number font is strange at first, but it's unique like Tt's and stands out from a distance. In fact, that font belongs to North Texas and North Texas only. No other school can use it as I was told. This year's jersey has the New Balance logo on the right shoulder and the SunBelt Conference 30th anniversery on the left, both embroidered onto the jersey. The "Mean Green" on the chest is embroidered as well. All the names and numbers are sewed on as well. There is no screening on these new jersey's.

As for the helmet, I like the new font and the fact that the lettering is outlined in black. But the lettering needs to be larger as they are hard to recognize from a distance. If you didn't go saturday you'll understand this against Tulsa.

Also, I expect another change next season to the correct color of green for everything if the team's uni's are to follow in line with the new branding. They didn't get it all ironed out in time this year to change to the new color.

Rick

What?  We have known what the new jersey's would look like since May.  The addition to having Mean Green on the jersey is a much better addition than having North Texas on the chest and helmet as in the past.  Since I picked up the new green jersey's friday I'm pissed I didn't order one myself.  This is by far the best jersey we have had so far.  The new number font is strange at first, but it's unique like Tt's and stands out from a distance.  In fact, that font belongs to North Texas and North Texas only.  No other school can use it as I was told.  This year's jersey has the New Balance logo on the right shoulder and the SunBelt Conference 30th anniversery on the left, both embroidered onto the jersey.  The "Mean Green" on the chest is embroidered as well.  All the names and numbers are sewed on as well.  There is no screening on these new jersey's.

As for the helmet, I like the new font and the fact that the lettering is outlined in black.  But the lettering needs to be larger as they are hard to recognize from a distance.  If you didn't go saturday you'll understand this against Tulsa. 

Also, I expect another change next season to the correct color of green for everything if the team's uni's are to follow in line with the new branding.  They didn't get it all ironed out in time this year to change to the new color.

Rick

Hey Rick speaking of the green jersery's, when will those be mailed out to those of us that chose that option?

As for the helmet, I like the new font and the fact that the lettering is outlined in black. But the lettering needs to be larger as they are hard to recognize from a distance. If you didn't go saturday you'll understand this against Tulsa.

My thoughts exactly in reference to the size of the lettering. I still like the 4 time Sun Belt Champion and New Orleans Bowl participant style lettering on the helmet ! biggrin.gif

GMG !!!

The numbers on the jerseys are way too big and make our players look like midgets.  blink.gif

---We play at Fouts-- and the players are 275 yards away from the fans... We need two foot numbers in order to read them. From our point of view all players look like midgets.

---The uniform design is no big deal... winning is. Actually as far as uniforms go I am more interested in the female cheerleader uniforms. I plan on taking a look at them this Saturday.... hope we have 25,000 more people taking a look at them also. ------LOL.

We are such a fickle bunch ...

• I hate black face masks/socks/pants/mouthpieces/arm bands/knee braces/etc.
  • Our numbers are too big/look weird on our unis.
  • I prefer the white pants/white jersey for away and white pants/green jersey for home cause it's looks "traditional".
  • All green looks "high school"-ish.
  • I want a <insert random 1 of 1000 different logos NT has had since 1890> on the helmet.
  • We look too dark with black pants/green jersey.

user posted image

We should just be thankful we're sporting a 1A team that is starting to make a name for itself and quit sweating the small stuff. We're so worried about fitting in the with Jones that we're too self-conscious about creating our own image that is different then what the rest of the nation has.