Tulsa @ OU you guys seeing this? On FSN

meangreendork

Moot...I was thinking the exact same thing.  Tulsa could be shaping up for a 20,000+ crowd at Fouts.

With unprecedented national media coverage this summer, the Back-To-Back promo with Cobbs and Thomas and with this being the home season opener I'd be disappointed if we were under 20K no matter how Tulsa does today at Norman.

I think at some point, we have to recognize that we are seeing more new faces each Fall at Fouts and that (if for no other reason) is because our last 5 years in a row at NT have seen recording-breaking NT freshmen classes each of those years.

Seems we are many times conditioned to always think in terms of the past at NT, but I think the present and the future will become our allies as they days, weeks, months and years go by in Mean Green Country. Many of you have already said that you have those coming to your tailgate for the Tulsa game that have never seen a Mean Green football game (or they haven't seen one in years).

We need Tulsa to beat OU. It's even a plus that the Golden Hurricane are doing this good against OU because if our players thought they had a gimmee' before today, they for sure won't now. (Heck! I thought Tulsa was going to be a gimmee' most of this last summer). Oh well, so much for that. rolleyes.gif

Of course, Tulsa and NT back in the Mo Valley days had some real good games according to some of you who were around much of that time.

Sadly, TCU fans and players have to be "semi" throwin' their hands up in the air because what some of their elect have called arguably their biggest win ever, may be the same for several other teams this year when they play the Sooners.

Still, wouldn't it be funny as hell if Mack Brown's UT Horns still could not beat OU this Fall?!?!? laugh.gif

OU pulled it away, 30-15 or something like that. Thing is, they did it with no passing and the legs of Adrian Peterson.

OU had a close shave today- a poor QB, a shaken OL almost cost them the game. Bomar gave Tulsa two INTs that had the OU D not stepped in at the last moment, would've made the game a lot closer than it was...if not give Tulsa the game. OU owes Peterson the game ball for this.

The big scare for me is Tulsa's TE #20. He caught just about everything near him...against a D that's supposed to be able handle someone who isn't that fast. Let's hope Meager has more in him than Rhett Bomar, that the OL will hold better (I'm sure it will), the WR's do their thing (they will if Meager passes well) and that the D can watch that Mills guy.

Still- OU's really taken a step down. If I'm a Sooner fan, I'm wondering why I'm breathing a sigh of relief after beating Tulsa, not laughing at the enormous score gap that OU's normally enjoyed (95-0, last two meetings).