Any impressions...

Ibleedgreen

Everyone looked like we expected. I think they are ready for MTSU. THey sure worked hard loading all that stuff on the trucks. At the end, Dicky let the players go except for the freshman..they had to finish. We didnt get an autograph session like we thought? (I think DD just forgot about it), but all in all was a good morning.

GMG!!!

In typical fashion, another case of "miscommunication" within the athletic department.

I don't post often, but here goes. My four year old and new Jr Mean Green Club member attended Sat. practice. After speaking with Mandy on Friday we were assured there would be an opportunity for autographs and even pictures with the players on Sat. Have to say it was a major dissappointment as DD turned the players loose with a handful of kids waiting for sigs. Try to explain to a 4 yr. old who is standing there holding his football that "I guess Daddy was wrong" and he won't get to meet any of the players or get their autographs.

Once again the athletic dept's. "miscommunication" has failed to build fan support with some of it's youngest audience.

I, too, was disappointed that we didn't get to sit and talk with the players. I understand they just spent 2 hours in the heat practicing, but this was a commitment to their fans. We do help pay for their scholarships, afterall. I'm not blaming the players, and I will say that I did see a few players signing stuff whenever a fan could catch them. However, it wasn't much, and it was a disappointment.

That being said, I did enjoy watching them practice and walking out to try out the new turf. I think our defense might still be a little shaky on the pass, but they were running at half-speed without full contact, so it's hard to say how they'll look when they're turning on all that wonderful speed.

All in all, I was happy with the intensity of the practice and the way it was very organized. I haven't had the opportunity to watch a practice before, and it was great to see the coaches out there really getting in there with the players. I really liked the sims DD did towards the end of practice - we can't get enough game-time experience.

they were running at half-speed without full contact, so it's hard to say how they'll look when they're turning on all that wonderful speed.

You know, that's one of the biggest realizations I have had at practice these past few weeks. We just don't get to see these guys really show their full bore speed all that much. I remember one day, I got to see Brandon Jackson on a go route trying to catch up to the ball. This guy can fly, but you rarely get to see that, and you can miss it if you're looking anywhere else.

You're right, there's a ton of speed and athleticism on the team, and it'll be good to see it in game action.

Guest JohnDenver

I too was pretty put-out by not getting to autograph session.

It isn't like I need convincing to be a fan, so not too big of a deal. I can catch them sometime after a home game.

However, I did take the time to dig out old programs to have signed by JT, PC and JQ.

My husband usually ends up working Saturdays, and may not even be able to attend most of the games this year, even though we have season tickets. Saturday was one of the few opportunities he might have to get some autographs. Although we're both diehard fans, it was kind of disheartening to not get the chance to at least talk to them. We both gave up one of our few Saturday mornings to see the team. Most of all, I saw several kids there who looked really disappointed about not getting to meet their favorite players. If the big kids are disappointed, just imagine the little ones...