Some People Just Don't Care

Eagle-96

Guest e-bone

I don't think stealing computers, tvs, crates of liqour, etc... isn't necessary for survival. And saying that insurance will cover the stolen items kind of pisses me off. People who think that are the ones who commit insurance fraud and make buying insurance cost more for everyone else. Insurance companies are already going to have to pay enough because of Katrina, and now they are also going to have to pay for untold thousands or probably millions of dollars of looted items.

But at least the next time insurance prices are hiked, we can smile while thinking about how some crimanls down in New Orleans have themselves some nice televisions and computers.

I think the coverage is a little rascist (i am white). The previous post, black kid wading through water with looted food. White people wading through water with necessaties. Pretty pathetic way to caption pictures. Also agree with the other poster. Who cares if they loot? All the crap is useless anyway. Shooing away looters is a waste of time in NO. There are BETTER things to be focusing on.

John Denver, for the most part I think you're on the money. If the only drinking water I can find is behind a glass case, that case is coming down. Some people are taking stuff they don't need, it does not mean you should hunt them down like an animal. Some people just suck. Prosecute them later. Right now, just help out the people who need it.

Why are we all a fussin' ana fightin' when there are MUTS to make fun of. It's high time we start directing our energy towards ridiculing the little boys from Tennessee Middle School.

GMG!!!

BEAT the MUTS(AGAIN)!!!

Edited by Eagle-96

Guest JohnDenver

Very true... Down with the MUTS!

Let's loot their playbooks. rolleyes.gif

BTW, insurance companies should never be defended. It shouldn't piss you off. Everyone pays through the EYE HOLES because insurance factors in a profit, not just a risk.

Yes, my house has been broken into. No, it wasn't fun. I still wouldn't shoot anyone over my liquor, PS2, laptop and all my games being stolen. I was happy I was safe ... but pissed that my franchise on ESPN was gone.

Yes, my car has been broken into three seperate times.

Yes, my insurance premiums were raised because of the black mold fiasco. Once they made it legal to no longer cover mold , did the prices drop? Oh no.

Hey, it is all fine and dandy here in Texas. I have been watching the news for the past hour and I haven't seen anything about what is being done to fix this problem.

I am tired of see the bad black people looting and good military snatching people off the roofs. I am tired of hearing about the gators and the feces that will kill people.

I want to see what Bush is planning to do -- now that he is no longer on vacation. Call up the national guard? They may all in Iraq? Tell me.

How about starting a service like CCC to rebuild the south? I would be more than willing to take two weeks vacation to rebuild houses ... or shovel dirt out of people's living rooms. Let's hear about some solutions, not speculation about guns missing and gator eatings.

Let's get on with the REAL news.

Edited by JohnDenver

I am surprised at the extreme ends of some of the comments made here. I would say that there is a big difference between someone stealing/looting/(insert term here) food from a store versus a tv from a house.

Life isn't as simple as "stealing is just stealing". If everything was cut and dry, then we wouldn't need courts anymore.

Guest JohnDenver

Hey! I did hear on ESPN radio that we postponed our game ...

And I saw Hansen say that LSU decide football shouldn't be played at a time like this ... then he gave a look to the camera that indicated UNT is probably happy about this because we would get stomped anyhow. I can think of someone that needs to be stomped, and it isn't UNT (cough Dale cough Hansen cough) cool.gif

Guest JohnDenver

What are you talking about? (insert sarcasm here) Stealing *IS* stealing. Looting is plain and simply looting.

I wonder if this guy 1) Saved or 2) Looted this poor doggy from the pet store?

user posted image

Trepassing is trespassing. Looting is looting. I hope he didn't break into any place to get that dog. laugh.gif

Edited by JohnDenver

I want to see what Bush is planning to do -- now that he is no longer on vacation. Call up the national guard? They may all in Iraq? Tell me.

Let's get on with the REAL news.

I new someone would come up with "Katrina was President Bush's fault" type of mentality. I think you're watching too much CNN and Larry King.

No Bush-bashing please. He's a great president and will be realeasing oil from the reserves in this time of crisis.

It's really tragic watching what has happened on television,but how could they not have known this might be coming at one point?

Noone to blame here except the Louisianians governing down there. Hope all goes well down there.

Guest JohnDenver

I new someone would come up with "Katrina was President Bush's fault" type of mentality.  I think you're watching too much CNN and Larry King.

Who did that?

I stated a fact ... Bush is now off vacation. I want to know what is he is doing to fix this situation.

I didn't say he caused a natural disaster. Stop being so defensive of Dubya. I didn't make a shot at him.

Guest JohnDenver

Watching ... the Mayor is on now.

Don't see the story(yet).

Hey, calm down. Aren't you supposed to be on the road already? Be safe on your travels to help family....