Forget the weather, here's a real forecast for LSU

MootPoint

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...302/1001/SPORTS

LSU 27, North Texas 10: This will not be an easy one. North Texas is a solid team and will give a sloppy LSU team fits early on.

They're being nice. While I agree that with a new system and staff, there will be some missteps for LSU, I think it's a bigger problem that they know exactly what we're gonna do and can gameplan for it, while we know virtually nothing of their new system. Of course, it's not like we'd really gameplan anyway, but that's beside the point.

How could we not know what kind of system they are going to run?  Wouldn't Oklahoma State of the past few years be an indication? 

It would be an indication, but that's all. You'd have to watch the system of one team and the personnel of another. And then you'd have to project what happens when those two teams come together. No coach in their right mind comes into an already good team and totally changes everything they do. Dickey's all but admitted he has no idea what LSU is gonna come out with.

You think it's just a matter of watching OSU's game film from last year and saying "Okay, this is what they're gonna do..."?

LETS BE REALISTIC HERE.....

I would venture to say that there is not one level headed person either associated

with UNT Athletics OR simply as an alum or fan that would not be simply ecstatic

with the following three items:

NO INJURIES.......

The Game Check.......

Final score deficit of under 28 (under 21 will be REAL nice).....

And finally, the line would probably at least be in the thirties, but probably be

listed as N/A because of Hurricance and missed practices........

Dont get me wrong.......I'll lead the way to a victory party @ Texas Roadhouse

or wherever after an upset......But lets be happy with the above mentioned

3 objectives being accomplished......

See yall @ Fouts.... biggrin.gif

BigNGreen89

Well, if DD went to coach at LSU I think we could predict his base offense and defense. He wouldn't switch to a passing offense no matter who his personnel was. Same with Les Miles. He will run similar plays as OSU ran.

As for the game, I expect both teams to make mistakes on offense and defense. What we need to do is keep from giving up turnovers and the easy points to LSU which will get their confidence going and rile the fans up. I can see a 10-3 game mid-way into the 2nd quarter when one of two things happen: either NT makes a huge gaff and goes into the half down 24-3 or toughs up and keeps it 13-6 at half. The last 8 minutes of the first half will make or break this game.