ESPN's Jim Donnan To Interview Dickey, PCobbs &

This from the new SBC website which one of you may want to link for the entire SBC Media Day schedule. SBC Media Day will also be broadcast "live" on SIRIUS Satelite Radio beginning this next Monday, July 25'th at 9:00 AM.

ESPN's Jim Donnan interview with our Coach Dickey, Patrick Cobbs and Jamario Thomas is scheduled for Monday, 10:30 AM--11:00 AM on the SIRIUS Satelite Radio.

SBC Media Day will actually be "Days" as it is being held on both Monday and Tuesday of this upcoming week.

Also, watch your local newspapers for coverage on those 2 days as well. The Dallas Morning News, Fort Worth Star-Telegram and (certainly) the Denton Record-Chronicle have given SBC Media Days pretty good coverage in past years. Hey all you Houstonians who are North Texas Exes or Mean Green fans, does it get coverage with the Houston Chronicle, too?

GMG!

Jim...are you sure about that?

When I looked at that schedule....it looked like Jim Donnan was going to be interviewed by the hosts of this Sirius show, and that our trio would follow on that show. It doesn't say that Jim Donnan will do the interviewing, but that he will be interviewed.

At least that's what I read.................

(the story from the SBC site):

NEW ORLEANS - SIRIUS Satellite Radio will get a taste of the Sun Belt Conference early next week during the league's annual Football Media Day Event.

Each day, selected participants will be featured on SIRIUS channel 123 on the "Rivals Radio Show" from 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. central. Bill King, a 20-year veteran of national radio, serves as host for the daily show and Middle Tennessee State University alum Chris Childers serves as co-host.

Childers also hosts "The Blitz" on weekends on SIRIUS channel 123.

Head coaches and student-athletes from all eight football-playing institutions will be present to participate in the two-day event beginning Monday, July 25.

The schedule is as follows:

Monday, July 25

9am - 9:10am -- Antonio Warren, LB, Arkansas State 9:10am - 9:20am -- Eugene Kwarteng, DE, UL Lafayette 9:20am - 9:30am -- Bernard Davis, LB, Troy 9:30am - 9:40am -- Rudy Martzke, USA Today Columnist 9:40am - 10:00am -- Jim Donnan, ESPN.com 10:30am - 11:00am -- Darrell Dickey (head coach)/Patrick Cobbs RB/Jamario Thomas RB, North Texas

Tuesday, July 26

9:00am - 9:10am -- Dennis Burke, LB, Middle Tennessee 9:10am - 9:40am -- Danny Embrick QB/Howard Schnellenberger (head coach), Florida Atlantic 9:40am - 9:50am -- Steven Jyles, QB, UL Monroe 9:50am - 10:00am -- Josh Padrick, QB, Florida International

More interviews will be scheduled throughout the summer and during the fall season.

Jim...are you sure about that?

When I looked at that schedule....it looked like Jim Donnan was going to be interviewed by the hosts of this Sirius show, and that our trio would follow on that show. It doesn't say that Jim Donnan will do the interviewing, but that he will be interviewed.

At least that's what I read.................

My bad....

I think you are right, SUMG. Maybe they should let him interview our guys since he is most familiar with Darrell Dickey and the Mean Green football program since Donnan has been on many of our ESPN broadcasts the last few years.

I believe the ESPN broadcaster said in a TV broadcast of one of our games that he had coached with DD's dad (Coach Jim Dickey) in the past.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

My bad....

I think you are right, SUMG. Maybe they should let him interview our guys since he is most familiar with Darrell Dickey and the Mean Green football program since Donnan has been on many of our ESPN broadcasts the last few years.

I believe the ESPN broadcaster said in a TV broadcast of one of our games that he had coached with DD's dad (Coach Jim Dickey) in the past.

I think you are right. It really is great that the former Bulldog coach has such an affinity for us, as this can only help our cause... wink.gif

(the story from the SBC site):

NEW ORLEANS - SIRIUS Satellite Radio will get a taste of the Sun Belt Conference early next week during the league's annual Football Media Day Event.

Each day, selected participants will be featured on SIRIUS channel 123 on the "Rivals Radio Show" from 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. central. Bill King, a 20-year veteran of national radio, serves as host for the daily show and Middle Tennessee State University alum Chris Childers serves as co-host.

Childers also hosts "The Blitz" on weekends on SIRIUS channel 123.

Head coaches and student-athletes from all eight football-playing institutions will be present to participate in the two-day event beginning Monday, July 25.

The schedule is as follows:

Monday, July 25

9am - 9:10am -- Antonio Warren, LB, Arkansas State 9:10am - 9:20am -- Eugene Kwarteng, DE, UL Lafayette 9:20am - 9:30am -- Bernard Davis, LB, Troy 9:30am - 9:40am -- Rudy Martzke, USA Today Columnist 9:40am - 10:00am -- Jim Donnan, ESPN.com 10:30am - 11:00am -- Darrell Dickey (head coach)/Patrick Cobbs RB/Jamario Thomas RB, North Texas

Tuesday, July 26

9:00am - 9:10am -- Dennis Burke, LB, Middle Tennessee 9:10am - 9:40am -- Danny Embrick QB/Howard Schnellenberger (head coach), Florida Atlantic 9:40am - 9:50am -- Steven Jyles, QB, UL Monroe 9:50am - 10:00am -- Josh Padrick, QB, Florida International

More interviews will be scheduled throughout the summer and during the fall season.

To all of you with SIRIUS Satellite Radio, enjoy the SBC Football Media Day beginning tomorrow (Monday & Tuesday).

Darrell Dickey, Patrick Cobbs and Jamario Thomas are interviewed from 10:30 AM--11:00 AM

Edited by PlummMeanGreen