Quinn at Subway

I just ran into the Johnny at Subway and talked to him about Byerly. He told me that Byerly is ineligible and that Meager is slow to get to full strength. He joked and asked if I had any years left and I told him I couldn't throw... he responded and said that I didn't need an arm, just be able to hand off. Poor guy. After talking to him while in line, he is really a good guy and it sucks that he can't have a QB. He did however reassure me that he will be here two more years for sure!

on a side note he also said the team won't practice much on the turf before Tulsa...

thoughts & opinions?

Subway OR New York Subway?!? rolleyes.gif There is a BIG difference as only the 'Nation would know.

...............................................................................................................................

Better to know these things now than when NT frosh, ie, the great Andrew Smith learned it just days after the Texas Longhorn game that we would be our starter and that when Scottie Hall tore the pectoral muscle and was out for the year.

Sorry, I am not panicking over this at all with the kind of offense we "run" and this QB business at NT should not give our SBC opponents some false sense of hope, either.smile.gif

Now if you told me we didn't have those 2 Mean Green RB's! blink.gifblink.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

What happen with Cullen Mills coming back to the team ? According to "The Athletic Department" they are considering letting him return to the team, but according to the players he was asked to come back and is already working out and preparing to return to the team.

Guest JohnDenver

At one of the AC tours they showed us a film of the recruits. Washington is a good running QB. I remember him having some *very* nice runs and a few deep balls. There were only a few clips of each player and the angles weren't that great. So with that, I am not opposed to seeing a freshman in there...

Guest JohnDenver

Washington ... Rushing for 276+ yards in two straight games.

user posted image

"Cedar Park quarterback Korey Washington leads the team in rushing with 1,812 yards and 13 touchdowns. He's been at his best in the playoffs, running for 743 yards in the past three games

He isn't just a rushing threat as he is nearing the 1,000-yard passing mark for the season. He has five touchdowns to go along with five interceptions.

"The stats we've seen say that they usually like to run the ball," Outlaw said. "But they have thrown it as many as 20 times in a single game so we have to be ready for whatever they do.."

"At Cedar Park, the cameras shined brightly on quarterback Korey Washington, the 15-5A MVP, as he inked on with the University of North Texas.

Washington, who set school records for rushing yards and total yards in a single-season, chose the Mean Green over Tarleton State, Angelo State, SMU, Rice and Texas State.

"The people in Denton are great and they showed me from the beginning how much they wanted me," Washington said.

Washington (who will play either defensive back or quarterback at UNT) is the third athlete from Cedar Park to sign with UNT in the last six months (former softball player Morgan Monte and current girls' basketball standout Jo Hall are the others)."

Edited by JohnDenver

Washington ... Rushing for 276+ yards in two straight games.

user posted image

"Cedar Park quarterback Korey Washington leads the team in rushing with 1,812 yards and 13 touchdowns. He's been at his best in the playoffs, running for 743 yards in the past three games

He isn't just a rushing threat as he is nearing the 1,000-yard passing mark for the season. He has five touchdowns to go along with five interceptions.

"The stats we've seen say that they usually like to run the ball," Outlaw said. "But they have thrown it as many as 20 times in a single game so we have to be ready for whatever they do.."

"At Cedar Park, the cameras shined brightly on quarterback Korey Washington, the 15-5A MVP, as he inked on with the University of North Texas.

Washington, who set school records for rushing yards and total yards in a single-season, chose the Mean Green over Tarleton State, Angelo State, SMU, Rice and Texas State.

"The people in Denton are great and they showed me from the beginning how much they wanted me," Washington said.

Washington (who will play either defensive back or quarterback at UNT) is the third athlete from Cedar Park to sign with UNT in the last six months (former softball player Morgan Monte and current girls' basketball standout Jo Hall are the others)."

Ahhhh, the joys (and the products) of Texas High School Football (best HS football in this galaxy) !

I'm being redundant (all over again) as Yogi B. might say, but I am just not worried about the QB situation with our Mean Green offense. cool.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

From the 2004 summer edition of Dave Campbell's TEXAS FOOTBALL a little blurb concerning future NT signee Korey Washington of the Cedar Park Timberwolves:

Players to Watch: QB Korey Washington, 5'11', 181, 4.4 forty

2 other NT recruits played QB last Fall:

Arthur Stubblefield (Aldine Eisenhower)

Antoine Bush (Tyler John Tyler)

Texas Football's recruiting expert Randy Rodgers (and father to ex NT linebacker Jeff Rodgers) says this of all 3 ex Texas HS football QB's who signed with NT: "Each of those players could make an immediate impact with their athletic ability alone." cool.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Tank is officially out???????? Meager's hurt. I think I'm going to cry. sad.gifsad.gif

What happened to Ieans????

Washington, Bush, Stubblefield, one of these guys now has the opportunity of a lifetime. Step up gentlemen, step up.

ph34r.gifblink.gifunsure.gif

Edited by Got5onIt

I kinda like the idea of a true freshmen QB out there... what better year to break in a new starting QB than when you have such a loaded backfield?

Its a great opportunity to step up, and its not unheard of... Reggie McNeal was a true freshmen when he came in the game and carried the Ags to victory over OU

Washington has great speed. I can see why they would consider putting him is as a DB, however-- not exactly the ideal QB height, but then again, I guess neither was Scott Hall.

QB Meager still has the rest of the summer to mend. I have to see a press release from NT Athletics before I believe Byerly is completely out of the picture.

BUT...............if true frosh Korey Washington were to get some playing time this Fall, wouldn't he be the fastest QB we've had in Mean Green Country in ages (if ever).

We've not had any real speed merchant quarterbacks at NT in times past. Even NT Athletic Hall of Famer Kenny Washington (OU Joe's brother) of the Hayden Fry era only ran a 4.7 forty but had good moves and a pretty accurate arm.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

With the exception of Steve Warren, all of the HS QB's were brought in to play DB/WR ohmy.gif

Also, I do not see where it says "PLAYERS TO WATCH" in Dave Campbell's mag, but I do see on pg.148 where it says that Korey Washington is going to "add speed to the perimeter defense"

All I have to say is PRAY that Meager is healthy.

THESE QB'S WE RECRUITES ARE NOT THROWING QB'S IN ANY SENSE OF THE WORD! THEY ALL MADE THEIR NAMES RUNNING THE BALL!

Many gave Byerly a hard time about throwing the ball, he had atleast a RS year to learn how to better become a college QB, these kids are not TRUE Qb's and if Meager isn't healthy, they will be thrown into the fire.

MAKE NO MISTAKE THIS IS VERY BAD NEWS!!! sad.gif

With the exception of Steve Warren, all of the HS QB's were brought in to play DB/WR ohmy.gif

Also, I do not see where it says "PLAYERS TO WATCH" in Dave Campbell's mag, but I do see on pg.148 where it says that Korey Washington is going to "add speed to the perimeter defense"

All I have to say is PRAY that Meager is healthy.

THESE QB'S WE RECRUITES ARE NOT THROWING QB'S IN ANY SENSE OF THE WORD!  THEY ALL MADE THEIR NAMES RUNNING THE BALL!

Many gave Byerly a hard time about throwing the ball, he had atleast a RS year to learn how to better become a college QB, these kids are not TRUE Qb's and if Meager isn't healthy, they will be thrown into the fire.

MAKE NO MISTAKE THIS IS VERY BAD NEWS!!! sad.gif

The "Players to Watch" section was from the 2004 Texas Football magazine coverage of Cedar Park, you know, the one that had Patrick Cobbs on the cover with the other Texas collegiate players? I would not have posted that had it not been just as it said because I am not a fiction writer here; but I do speculate on most other subjects on GMG.com as much as the next guy.smile.gif

Again, last time we had a QB thrown into the fire, we had someone (a freshmen, matter of fact) take us to a bowl game that we actually won and that QB did not have near the backfield that this Fall's starting NT QB will have.

From the post that has Washington's photo, he was closing in on 1,000 yards passing for (basically) a rushing offensive team at Cedar Park, so I don't know how it could be said that passing the football is completely foreign to the young man from Cedar Park.

I did hear QB Meager will be healthy by 2-a-days from what one source told me AND I also heard a healthy Meager would have most likely started over Byerly this Fall, too.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Lets wait to see if Joey is eligble or not, same goes for Meager he should be ready by 2 a days one would think. If for some reason neither of the two were available then we would be in troulbe. None of the fresh. QB recruits were brought in to play QB. Those 3 were brought in to play other postions. We could throw the season away if any of these kids were thrown into the starting spot, there is no way this would be a good thing. Even if they did have to start this season chances are they would lose their spot next year to either Byerly or Meager, barring some herculian effort throughout the season. But once again none of this matters because one of the two should be here for fall, Meager/Byerly.