Marketing Idea...Game Day

Wal Mart likes to brag about their community involvement and support, wonder if we could get them to throw some of that support our way?

I wonder how hard it would be to get the Denton Wal Mart to make their employees wear green or North Texas shirts on home game days???

Ever see how much business the Denton Wal Mart does on a Saturday?? If their employees were all wearing Mean Green stuff, it would serve as advertisment to the Dentonites that shop there on a Saturday and would serve as a reminder.

I can see the haus frau now....."Oh yeah, theres' a football game in town tonight, Maybe we should take the kids honey?"

This could be especially effective if we could place a small sign at the checkout lane advertising the low cost, family friendly Mean Green and the family fun package. Even better if we could talk Wal Mart to sell tickets at the customer service counter!!

Maybe we could even expand it, ask Kroger, Albertson's etc to do the same.

Great idea!

Only thing about these national franchise operations is how the store managers most always say they have to check with their national corporate office for approval to do anything. Maybe some local managers actually check on those corporate offfices--others I think just blow it off.

Try going around Denton busineses in July or August hanging Mean Green football schedule posters (as many of us on this board have done in various decades of our involvement) and you will even get that "got to check with corporate" response just to hang a simple football poster. Mom and pop stores are always the easiest and most receptive I think most of us would agree.

Just anything that helps us raise our per game average. Whatever it takes and it doesn't matter who gets it done. But most of all, our football team deseves SRO at any football game they play at Fouts Field because they are that entertaining and that good. The Daktronics scoreboard/replay board has IMHO amazingly added so much to a football game at Fouts Field far exceeding my expectations as to what it would do to add more spice to Game Day.

Wal Mart also used to promote "Made in the USA" until they got called on it. Actually very little of their products are made in the USA and those that are made are actually made in American provinces not restricted by labor laws. Don't get me started on this corporation. Support your LOCAL businesses!

GO MEAN GREEN !