GSU is North Texas in 10 years ?

MeanGreen61

Ahh have I struck interest in my lil school from GA?  biggrin.gif

That thread is the reason I signed up here to see what you all thought about our school.

Shoot for the moon on all this, GA Southern, because it wasn't that long ago we were talking about doing the same thing at North Texas.

I've heard yall have a fine school. Do you have a Chamber of Commerce report on the city, its population, its industry, etc, etc, etc, that you could share?

Good luck to your team this Fall. cool.gif

Shoot for the moon on all this, GA Southern, because it wasn't that long ago we were talking about doing the same thing at North Texas.

I've heard yall have a fine school. Do you have a Chamber of Commerce report on the city, its population, its industry, etc, etc, etc, that you could share?

Good luck to your team this Fall. cool.gif

You know I am not sure. Residents is something like 50K+ and I am not sure about industry, your question makes me feel like I dont know as much about the area as I should. The university is basically what makes the city and there is not much else in the area as far as the county goes. Historic Savannah Georgia is within an hour of the university and lots of fans and support comes from that city. The man who fronted the money for our stadium owns "Gulfstream Aerospace" in savannah georgia and alot of other funds come from there as well I believe.

Just got back from my first trip to Georgia (Savannah) and it is definately a place I want to go back to. There is so much history there! Anyway, spoke with a couple of the locals and yes, they do support your school. Ran into people from the DFW area, and although they did not go to the NT games, they were keeping up with them and have high hopes for a good season.

Also, met a former OU player while in GA, and apparantly he's good friends with the NT Offensive Coordinator and he too had lots of good things to say about the direction the football program is taking.

I don't know much about GSU but we certainly enjoyed our trip there and the Southern Hospitality. If you're ever in Savannah, eat at "Lady and Two Sons" for some good down home cookin'.

Ahh yes "ladies n' son's" as I am familiar with it is great food. I guess I am mistaken but I thought Texas was much the same atmosphere, minus the gnats haha. Is north texas not one with the "south"? I am sorry but I have never even been to texas, I assumed it was just as nice and polite with a little spanish influence. biggrin.gif

Ahh  yes "ladies n' son's" as I am familiar with it is great food. I guess I am mistaken but I thought Texas was much the same atmosphere, minus the gnats haha. Is north texas not one with the "south"? I am sorry but I have never even been to texas, I assumed it was just as nice and polite with a little spanish influence.  biggrin.gif

Texas is Texas. It's atmosphere is a combination of Old South, Old West, Spanish/Mexican and Southwestern influences that combine to make it uniquely Texan

Edited by Baby Arm!