Would we like to play New Mexico ?

MeanGreen61

Was ask this question by Loboval on the MWC board. Replied that IMHO a home/home with the Lobos would be welcomed by NT fans. What's your opinion?

"No SMACK intended. Do you think N. Texas would be interested in home/home with UNM? I would like to see it, with the 12 games we need a good team and N. Texas would be a good travel with TCU".

BRING IT ON!!!  Playing New Mexico would be great and could possibly turn into a great rivalry.  Surely they would come to Fouts.

North Texas and UNM are tied in their all-time series 1-1. The teams last played in 1983 when NT was 1-AA SLC Champs and NT won at UNM 18-8.

"No SMACK intended. Do you think N. Texas would be interested in home/home with UNM? I would like to see it, with the 12 games we need a good team and N. Texas would be a good travel with TCU".

I may be taking this the wrong way, but it almost seems like the guy is asking if we'd like to join the MWC. I infer that from his comment "North Texas would be a good travel with TCU."

It seems like he's calling us a travel partner for TCU (which wouldn't pertain to football anyway).

Anyway, as far as a OOC series with UNM (if that's what the guy means)......I'm all for it.

In 1982, we had "upset" the 1-A Lobos at Fouts...... PMG and I were so thrilled, that 1-AA NT had upset a 1-A team. Anyway, we had scored the "winning" touchdown with about 30 seconds left to go ahead 17-14 (I think). Anyway, by the time Plummster and I had gotten down from our upper deck seats to the concourse, UNM had scored and taken the victory away from us, 20-17. That was homecoming in '82.

Edited by SUMG

I may be taking this the wrong way, but it almost seems like the guy is asking if we'd like to join the MWC. I infer that from his comment "North Texas would be a good travel with TCU."

It seems like he's calling us a travel partner for TCU (which wouldn't pertain to football anyway).

Anyway, as far as a OOC series with UNM (if that's what the guy means)......I'm all for it.

In 1982, we had "upset" the 1-A Lobos at Fouts...... PMG and I were so thrilled, that 1-AA NT had upset a 1-A team. Anyway, we had scored the "winning" touchdown with about 30 seconds left to go ahead 17-14 (I think). Anyway, by the time Plummster and I had gotten down from our upper deck seats to the concourse, UNM had scored and taken the victory away from us, 20-17. That was homecoming in '82.

Brief discussion is at the end of this thread. Acknowledged that he felt UNM fans would be for it.

http://www.mwcboard.com/www/forums/index.p...p?showtopic=629

Yeah,it would be fantastic to get a OOC W over a MWC team, not to mention any OOC game.

I would welcome any SBC team playing the LoBlows. I live in the ABQ metro area and could cheer on my favorite SBC team . . . LOL!

After the SBC leaves town I would have to go back to rooting for the home team, eh?j

Go SBC Football!!!

There is a skying slope in the same city as UNM

Yep, there is skiing right there in town - Paoli Peak or something like that... I haven't been since I was a kid but I remember skiing it in the mid 80's or so. It is not GREAT skiing, mostly tug lines and really only about 2-3 big hills to come down ... with a lot of snow blowers to provide the snow - but it is right there in the city, without having to drive 3 hours to any of the resorts and get gouged.

Edited by stebo