Come on guys, it wasn't THAT bad

stebo

Ok, we lost to a crappy team - at home - it wasn't THAT bad. The board has been dead since Saturday! Where have al the believers gone? At least there was a great crowd for the game (by North Texas standards)... there has to be some good points from the game - what gives with the lack of discussion? I want to hear what went wrong. I am not a big basketball guy so I would like to hear from the rapid b-ball fans. If we had just lost to ULM in football, the football board would be going nuts... surely SOMEONE has to be pissed off enough to gripe a little.

I guess not Stebo.

Weird isn't it? I sense a certain level of "give up" going on. I've been to 5 or so games this year and the excitement level is not trending in the right direction. IMHO the team is above average in athletic talent and below average in execution and decision making. So many mistakes and improper positioning. I don't see any real tenacity either. Very uninspiring. I place that squarely on the shoulders of JJ.

At least they have the talent. They do have a legitamate chance at winning the tourney but need to be "coached up" alot in very little time.

See ya at the tourney Stebo. Things could get very interesting come Tuesday evening. I plan on attending a bunch of games regardless if the Mean Green are still in contention.

Go Mean Green.

Guest e-bone

The last game was just disheartening. After it seemed we were getting better and learning how to win we go and blow a lead at home. I still believe they have a chance to do something in the tournament, but it depends on which team shows up and at this point there is no way to tell which team that will be.

Weird isn't it? I sense a certain level of "give up" going on. I've been to 5 or so games this year and the excitement level is not trending in the right direction. IMHO the team is above average in athletic talent and below average in execution and decision making. So many mistakes and improper positioning. I don't see any real tenacity either. Very uninspiring. I place that squarely on the shoulders of JJ.

At least they have the talent. They do have a legitamate chance at winning the tourney but need to be "coached up" alot in very little time.

Very good analysis. Different players seem to show up (or not) in different games. If they don't play inspired now, they never will!

what a lack of energy by the crowd when USA got on their run. Its like as soon as we lost the lead everyone just threw in the towel.

By putting the wrong personel to break the press, we DID throw in the towel. Ron Harris has had his nights, and he will probably have more before his career is over. But he will NEVER have a great night bringing the ball down the floor against a decent full court press. That isn't what his style is suited for.

By putting the wrong personel to break the press, we DID throw in the towel.  Ron Harris has had his nights, and he will probably have more before his career is over.  But he will NEVER have a great night bringing the ball down the floor against a decent full court press.  That isn't what his style is suited for.

you're right, i sad that aloud as we were in the middle of our downward spiral. I was just commenting on how lame the crowd got during the USA run.