Basketball Hope

GrandGreen

That is true....that the tournament is what counts. But, if there are 11 teams in the tourney.....there will have to be some byes to make that number work. The only way I can figure it out:

5 teams would get byes

6 would play......leaving three winners.......

that 3 + 5 bye teams would equal 8. Those final eight would then be pitted against one another to determine the tourney champ.

If that's the case....it is imperative to get a bye....otherwise you're having to play 4 games to win the tourney, instead of just three.

One encouraging note from the past: When we went to the NCAA tourney in 1988, we were 5-12 at one point in the season....before going on a 12 game winning streak and getting into The Big Dance.

So, even though things look bleak right now....we can turn it around.

So, even though things look bleak right now....we can turn it around.

I think bleak is a bit of an overstatement. The basketball season is long and every team has slumps, so I'm not too worried about our guys. Better blocking out and we win our last two games, and I imagine that JJ will be working on some block out drills in practice. If we continue to allow offensive rebounds like we have for the past couple of games and we can't improve our shooting a bit in the next few games, then I will get worried.