Alabama game thread

Gakusei

North Texas 71

#18 Alabama 85 Final

Overall it wasn't a horrible game, but the team never recovered from the huge Alabama run in the 1st half. It seems like the main problems were shooting and not running the plays, and it just seemed like we were never able to find the right combination of players on the court.

The second half was much better and the team got the lead down to 9 at one point, but it got away in the final minutes.

Even with the loss, I still have to give props. Last year's team at this point in time would've been blown out by 40 or more. No offense to last year's team as they were a great team, but this team is much farther along this early in the season than last year's. The program is definitely on the way up.

Even with the loss, I still have to give props.  Last year's team at this point in time would've been blown out by 40 or more.  No offense to last year's team as they were a great team, but this team is much farther along this early in the season than last year's.  The program is definitely on the way up.

Fully agree with this. That was a very high caliber team that we hung tough with. I can remember at one point they were shooting 71%. Lets hope we learn something from this game and get this season started right.

Also, I fully believe there will several SEC games this year, where Bama will win by a bigger margin than they did today (14......but it was really more like 12, since we thought they were gonna let the clock run out and a guy went in for an uncontested layup at the buzzer).....

UNT vs. UNC-Wilmington, Tuesday night at the Pit.....

For a while in the first half, I think we got caught wide eyed because we were shooting way too early into possesions and turning the ball over. If it weren't for that stretch, where we got down by almost 20, it would have been a close game. Once they recovered in the second half, they shot much better and even cut it to 9 at one point. Alabama was too good to keep down though. One thing that stuck out to me was lack of defensive rebounding. Bama got several second chance shots, and some of our guys got in foul trouble getting fouls after giving up an offensive rebound to Bama. Watson and Jones both played well offensively, and Hopkins started picking it up as the game went on. I am looking forward to Tuesday night.