I Support Dickey

Koratch

I will never understand why people bash Dickey. Is it because he doesn't have the big name that everyone wants in college football. I guess LOYALTY doesn't mean anything. Yes Dickey could have left but he decided to stay because he likes it down here. People that put down someone with 22 straight conference wins are idiots (i.e. JayDub, Coach). Any coach in any conference would kill for 22 straight. You have to give credit to the coaching. Our athletes aren't the same as the ones in the BCS schools but they are the same as the people that we won 22 straight over. Get rid of Dickey and get who? Choice #1-which is the most likely-is bring someone in who can't win. Choice #2 - bring someone in who will win and use this job as a stepping stone to leave.

People that put down someone with 22 straight conference wins are idiots (i.e. JayDub, Coach).

Thanks for the personal attack, your thread will be short lived because of it.

I defy you to look through ALL my posts and find ONE that says I don't like DD or want him fired. Go ahead and try. Then tell me how I "bashed" him.

I support Dickey too. But I think some people get more than a little carried away gushing about him and pull a "Donnan". He has done a lot of good for us, but let's be realistic before we say at least 50 programs would love to have him or he is a better fit than one of the best college coaches of our generation (no matter how big a jerk Spurrier is).

Once again, there is a big difference in "bashing" which I have not done, and falling all over myself about him, and I fall in the middle. There's things I have loved about him and things that pissed me off, that doesn't make be a basher or warrant name calling.

Hold on just a minute...how the hell did I get dragged into this? I'm much less vocal about my Dickey bashing than most.

I have no problem with Dickey's coaching in the Sun Belt. Those conference wins are important and Coach Dickey has done well in the SBC.

I have a problem with the way he lays down and takes the butt-whipping in non-conference games. For a team that has kicked tail and taken names in the Belt, those non-conference games are important for the face of the program.

As for being an idiot, I don't deny this... However, my opinion on Darrell Dickey has nothing to do with my idiocy.

Edited by JayDub