It's harder to hate the Queens without Divac and with Christie sitting on the bench, but hey I'll take it. I think Dampier played well in the first half, and the rookie PG Harris impressed me as well. The team looked a little bit more tenacious on defense, and the blocked shots were nice. Dirk is still the man. I miss having Nash here, but I think with Harris, Terry, and Daniels we'll be alright. Good start to the season, we'll see how the chemistry comes along.

The defense looked light years better. I love Steve Nash, but Harris is an upgrade defensively, as is Terry. The key is that they keep the turnovers down. That is what makes Nash amazing, he pushes the ball and never turns it over.

Dampier looked good early and late, but Miller is a bad matchup for him if he stays away from the basket.

One guy that I thought would be a non-factor this year was Alan Henderson, but he was what they needed last night, getting rebounds and hustling. They need a Najera type now and he might be it.

It's a long season, but it's hard to not be encouraged by last night.