SB at UAB (4/5-7/24)

Really big opportunity for UNT to take control of first place if we can take care of 14-21, 5-7 UAB on the road this weekend while FAU has to battle in North Carolina with a Charlotte team that gave us fits last year and just took 2 of 3 from Wichita State.

SCHOOL CONF CPCT. OVERALL PCT. HOME AWAY NEUTRAL STREAK
Florida Atlantic 10-2 .833 30-8 .789 19-6 8-2 3-0 W2
North Texas 10-2 .833 21-14 .600 13-6 5-6 3-2 L1
Tulsa 8-4 .667 23-11 .676 11-2 7-5 5-4 W4
Charlotte 8-4 .667 21-14 .600 10-6 6-7 5-1 L1
Wichita State 8-4 .667 17-12 .586 4-2 8-6 5-4 W1
UAB 5-7 .417 14-21 .400 7-5 2-12 5-4 L4
South Florida 4-8 .333 24-15 .615 21-10 3-5 0-0 L2
East Carolina 3-9 .250 26-11 .703 18-6 4-5 4-0 W1
UTSA 3-9 .250 12-26 .316 3-5 2-11 7-10 W1
Memphis 1-11 .083 4-27 .129 3-13 1-9 0-5 W1
Edited by Matt from A700
  • Upvote 2

Mackenzie Childers has been so good lately. But not today......gives up 2 in the first, and 3 so far in the second....we're down 5-0.....UAB still batting in second. (one out)

Edited by SUMG

7-0 loss. Started out badly....and never recovered. 

Rodney started emptying his bench....playing everyone.

The good news is.......we lost the first game at USF...then came back to win the series. Hopefully, we do that again.

Go Mean Green!!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SUMG said:

7-0 loss. Started out badly....and never recovered. 

Rodney started emptying his bench....playing everyone.

The good news is.......we lost the first game at USF...then came back to win the series. Hopefully, we do that again.

Go Mean Green!!!

Yes.  This appears to be a much tougher league in all sports. 

• Upvote 1

Finally broke through and scored our first run in the series....in the fifth. Up 1-0. Nice rbi single by Cierra drove in Lexi Cobb.

Skylar has pitched four shutout innings. Got out of a bases loaded jam in the 4th.

I personally think our team needs to be a lot more aggressive at the plate. We take way too many first pitches. And we get way too many strike outs looking. Just my opinion. 

• Upvote 3

Blown opportunity in the 7th. Runners on first and second, no one out.

Cierra Simon can't get a bunt down....on two tries. Then is caught looking on a third strike.

Mikayla comes up....and hits a hard ball to the pitcher....who throws to third for one out....and then 3b throws to first for the double play. (That's almost an impossible DP in softball).

2-2 going to the bottom of the 7th. 

• Sad 1

I haven't had much to say about this year's team. I've had concerns, but wanted to refrain from negative comments. But, today's loss was beyond terrible. With the game on the line, there is no good reason to try and throw a runner out at second, when a runner is standing on 3rd. That was completely stupid. This team is mentally weak, and has regressed from where it was just two seasons ago. Like last season, our bats are struggling. The only difference from last season, is our pitching is a little worse too. Yes, we played a stronger OOC schedule, but we didn't beat any of those ranked teams either. From what I've seen so far, this team won't win the conference title or make a regional. And that is just sad considering where this program was just two seasons ago. Something has to change. 

I'll ask this question again..... Has DeLong taken this program as far as he can? 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

16 hours ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

I'll ask this question again..... Has DeLong taken this program as far as he can?

The answer is no. Yes, this weekend was terrible, but I think it is all mental. We take the number 7 team in the country to the wire and can't get past an average UAB team. That points to mentality. They have made way too many errors and stupid plays. That is all mental. Is it coaching as well, yes. I think DeLong has to get them focused again and I think he can. I think he needs to take a page from Jason Burton. Stop thinking about championships and think about winning each game. Championships will take care of themselves if you do that.

• Upvote 2