Shark84

Anyone know when they will announce the conference football schedule for next year? Since we played the 4 best teams this year, I would hope we would get to play some of the lower tier teams. Eastern Carolina, FAU, Charlotte, ect. It will be interesting to see who they pair us with for our rivalry game since Smut is gone. Maybe Tulsa? Non conference games are set with trips to South Alabama and Texas Tech. 

We are supposed to play Charlotte, Rice, and South Florida at home and East Carolina, FAU, UAB, and UTSA on the road, (and SMU at home)... but it has not been publicly said what the next course of action will be now that SMU is leaving and Army is joining.

https://meangreensports.com/news/2022/11/9/football-the-american-announces-football-scheduling-model-for-2023-26

The next three years had already been announced. Will Army slide into SMU's spot and become our annual rival for the next three years? Or will the rivalries be adjusted? Everyone right now has an annual rival except Tulsa and Tulane. I think UTSA should become our new annual opponent. Rice can be shifted to Tulane naturally, because I think Houston/NOLA have a bigger rivalry than Houston/San Antonio. Army can be left out with Tulsa since their annual game with Navy is being rumored to not count as a conference game.

Just hope the rotation doesn't get blown up and we somehow end up with Memphis and Tulane again because I think as of now we have a favorable 2024 conference schedule.

• Thanks 1