Football in 11th place

cousin oliver

54 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Not hard to figure out why we are.  Especially when in the last two games I thing the other's teams backs have about two hundreds between them on the first five plays of the game.  

But no worries.. we have people here advocating that we still have the right guy to lead that ‘problem’ area. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, cousin oliver said:

Seems weird to me as we were always at least in the upper half of the standings in the other conferences. 

F-cE578XEAAfneI.jpg.2392a6225ee5b8c7a64b6ee5f7321330.jpg

Especially since last season we were the conference runnerup and played in the conference title game.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 3

16 hours ago, NT93 said:

The fact is we've played the most difficult conference schedule and it's probably not even close.

That being said, if we don't beat Tulsa and UAB, we will have earned our spot in the bottom third of the conference.

While it is probably a more difficult conference slate, it is only by a slight margin. Tulane and SMU are really the only schools that are a step up in competition and we were already used to playing SMU annually. Last season we beat the #5 team and one of the #6 teams on this list. We also lost on a last minute highlight reel drive against one of the teams tied for first. I disagree strongly with the premise that we have suddenly been dropped into a world beater conference because we haven't.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

While it is probably a more difficult conference slate, it is only by a slight margin. Tulane and SMU are really the only schools that are a step up in competition and we were already used to playing SMU annually. Last season we beat the #5 team and one of the #6 teams on this list. We also lost on a last minute highlight reel drive against one of the teams tied for first. I disagree strongly with the premise that we have suddenly been dropped into a world beater conference because we haven't.

I’m not comparing to last year, I’m comparing to the other team’s schedules in the American.  No other team has to play Tulane, Memphis, UTSA, and SMU.  Trade out Tulane and Memphis for Charlotte and ECU and we might not be in 11th place.  

I wasn’t aware that there was a premise that we have been dropped into a world beater conference, but I would disagree as well.  It’s definitely better than CUSA, but it’s also down from what it’s been in the past.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

42 minutes ago, NT93 said:

I’m not comparing to last year, I’m comparing to the other team’s schedules in the American.  No other team has to play Tulane, Memphis, UTSA, and SMU.  Trade out Tulane and Memphis for Charlotte and ECU and we might not be in 11th place.  

I wasn’t aware that there was a premise that we have been dropped into a world beater conference, but I would disagree as well.  It’s definitely better than CUSA, but it’s also down from what it’s been in the past.

I am not convinced this coaching staff could beat Charlotte and ECU.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Don't you worry! Next season we'll be...

23 hours ago, Travis said:

But no worries.. we have people here advocating that we still have the right guy to lead that ‘problem’ area. 

"Don't you worry! After we do everything right in the off-season unlike last year. Next season we'll be..."

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1