Perry vs Walker - Showdown

Big opportunity for Tylor tonight. Get the feeling he’s ready to show out after the CUSA Semifinals. Walker clearly played with the chip on his shoulder in that game after not being named CUSA Player of the Year. 

Mean Green get the title and Tylor gets the last word in the best player in the league discussion. 

Toughest team wins. 

• Upvote 3

I could see both of them playing great, but I can also envision neither being up to their usual standards and having other guys have to carry the day.  Walker hasn't been his usual self lately, but they keep winning.  Perry kept us in the game on Tuesday in the first half, but everyone else picked up the slack in the 2nd.  It'll be an interesting matchup, but I'm not sold the mano a mano thing will be the deciding factor.

Who controls pace...that is what I'm more concerned about.

1 minute ago, CMJ said:

I could see both of them playing great, but I can also envision neither being up to their usual standards and having other guys have to carry the day.  Walker hasn't been his usual self lately, but they keep winning.  Perry kept us in the game on Tuesday in the first half, but everyone else picked up the slack in the 2nd.  It'll be an interesting matchup, but I'm not sold the mano a mano thing will be the deciding factor.

Who controls pace...that is what I'm more concerned about.

I think Rubin may guard Jelly a good bit too to protect TP and Scott and Sissoko need to protect the rim with discipline.  So much of this is about staying out of foul trouble.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CMJ said:Who controls pace...that is what I'm more concerned about.

I’m glad that Utah Valley played a push the pace, high octane offense against UAB. Bonus that it went into overtime. 

You’re right that we’ve gotta play our style and put em in the meat grinder.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, tmjerm said:

I think Rubin may guard Jelly a good bit too to protect TP and Scott and Sissoko need to protect the rim with discipline.  So much of this is about staying out of foul trouble.  

This.  My one change is I expect Huntsberry to be on Jelly after the job he did in the second half vs Wisconsin.

• Upvote 1