Another Coach to keep an eye on?

El Paso Eagle

Not familiar with him specifically but his resume seems impressive. His last year as HC at Incarnate Word they finished 10-3 and he was Southland coach of the year. Was OC at Tech when Patrick Mahomes was there but I'm not sure we can use those stats to the benefit of Morris considering Mahomes' overall body of work.

His offense struggled against Idaho to start the season only putting up 24 points. I get they beat Wisconsin but that may be more of a credit to the defense holding Wisconsin to 14 points (38 minutes time of possession) than the offense putting up 17 points. I'll be monitoring more closely to see what happens this weekend against a Colorado State.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, BBA1989 said:

I’m still wondering why he abruptly resigned from UIW after losing to SHSU in the 2nd round of playoffs last year.  It seemed to shock UIW.  Maybe he thought he had done all he could do there?  

Guessing he felt a P5 OC might provide a better shot at a FBS HC job

45 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Guessing he felt a P5 OC might provide a better shot at a FBS HC job

I get that but he didn’t have the OC position when he resigned from UIW.  He got the QB to follow him from UIW.  Kid put up some numbers in FCS.  He was a 1 man show.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

I remember when they came to Denton a few years ago (Morris’ first season as head coach) and people here were very impressed by him and his assistants. You could tell they were building something good at UIW. Many people even alluded to him being a good fit here. Those Texas ties would also help out a lot here

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...