2022 UNT FB Schedule Predictions

Dannymacfan

On 2/15/2022 at 3:06 PM, Dannymacfan said:

DATE OPPONENT (TV) TIME

S3 SMU TBD - I THINK WE PLAY THEM TOUGH AGAIN LIKE LAST YEAR BUT WE LOSE A CLOSE ONE. 0-1

S10 TEXAS SOUTHERN TBD BIG PAYDAY CHECK WIN 1-1

S17 at UNLV TBD I KNOW THIS IS ON THE ROAD BUT UNLV IS NOT VERY GOOD (2-10 LAST YEAR AND LOST TO UTSA WHO WE BEAT) AND I THINK WE WILL WIN THIS ONE 2-1

S24 at Memphis TBD THIS IS THE TOUGHEST GAME ON THE SCHEDULE AND QUITE HONESTLY MEMPHIS IS NOT THAT GOOD.  THEY WERE 6-6 AND LOST TO UTSA LAST YEAR.  IT IS ON THE ROAD BUT I THINK WITH DECENT QB PLAY WE WILL WIN AS WELL. 3-1

O1 RICE TBD RICE IS GETTING BETTER BUT WE WILL WIN THIS AT HOME. 4-1

O15 at Marshall TBD  MARSHALL BEAT US LIKE A DRUM BUT THAT WAS WHEN WE WERE IN A A BAD WAY LAST SEASON AND BEFORE OUR RUNNING GAME EXPLODED AND THIS IS A 7-6 MARSHALL TEAM LAST YEAR THAT LOSES SOME GOOD PLAYERS.  I PREDICT WE WIN IN A NAIL BITER. 5-1

O22 SOUTHERN MISS TBD  WE BEAT USM AT HOME. 6-1

O29 at UAB TBD  WE LOSE IN EVERYTHING TO UAB ESPECIALLY ON THE ROAD 6-2

N5 FIU TBD WE WIN BIG 7-2

N12 at UTSA TBD  I THINK WE SHOULD WIN THIS GAME ALTHOUGH FRANK HARRIS IS BACK AND THE WEATHER WONT HELP US THERE.  I STILL THINK WE WIN. 8-2

N19 LA TECH TBD  I THINK WE WIN THIS GAME BIG AT HOME.  9-2

N26 at UTEP TBD  UTEP IS IMPROVING AND THIS WILL BE A TOUGH WIN OUT WEST BUT A WIN NONETHELESS. 10-2

WOW I MEAN WE ARE NOT THAT GREAT A TEAM BUT THE SCHEDULE IS THE EASIEST I HAVE SEEN US HAVE IN 20+ YEARS I HAVE BEEN WATCHING.  I PREDICT WE WILL HAVE ONE OF THE BEST RECORDS WE HAVE HAD AND WILL GET A VERY GOOD G5 BOWL GAME.  LITTRELL WILL BE RENEWED FOR 2-3 YEARS AND ALL THINGS ARE GOOD AGAIN IN MEANGREEN LAND.  OH AND FOOTBALL WILL RETURN TO ITS RIGHTFUL PLACE AT THE TOP OF THE BOARD.  GMG

I'll have two of what he's having please...

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Sure. The AD needs some balls and just tell him to take it or leave it. He doesn’t have much leverage at this point. 
Plus, you can distract him with an all you can eat ribs offer. 

Well, I kinda thought Baker would have already dropped those balls after the past 3 seasons' results, but it appears someone has them gripped.    And it might be this guy.    There's a reason Sexton is considered the best in the business.

• Pissed 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Well, I kinda thought Baker would have already dropped those balls after the past 3 seasons' results, but it appears someone has them gripped.    And it might be this guy.    There's a reason Sexton is considered the best in the business.

That is true but he is not negotiating from a position of strength this time. 

• Upvote 1

This team has enough talent (even after the departures) to win 9 or 10 games with that schedule. It is PATHETIC.

My fear is that he wins 8 games and folks see that as a positive instead of a negative (which it should be) and they extend him.

As for our QB play....I wonder how Mason Fine would've done if you replaced Lawrence, Guyton, Darden and Bussey with what we had out there last year....just wondering.

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

8 hours ago, RBP79 said:

Anything less than 8 wins plus a bowl win and Seth is out of here...maybe 9 regular seasons wins plus bowl.

I don't want to hear...he doesn't have the players yet or yet another "Re-building Year". We seem to of been re-building now for a couple of years since MF departed.

Just my opinion.....

If you haven't noticed from the responses to this thread, people are happy to keep Littrell around and possibly extend him with 8 wins and a bowl appearance... Forget Conference Championships.

#Hit8 is 2022 inflationary response to #Hit6

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Puking Eagle 1